Keg Flowback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last keg I gassed at about 20 psi overnight then reset the pressure to 12-13 and about three days later it was spot on. Or you can set at 10-15 and leave for like a week and half

Batz, keg might be over carbed but why is it losing pressure in the gun line

Seems high to me, pretty sure my serving pressure is10 psi
Too late for this lot but i use the ross method, use the google search function on this forum

40 psi is what i carbonate at,4-6psi is what ive been serving at.
Hi batz I cant see any beer leaking anywhere. Thats whats got me stumped
Any way must go for the night. Will come back on after work tomorrow and see other replys.
Many thanks to all for your replys.
Kev.

I think it is a combination of over carbing, too short beer lines and low serving pressure.

If you carb it to a higher pressure than what you are pouring at the co2 will come out of solution (which sounds like what you are seeing in your lines).

If it were me I would stick 3m of beerline on there and next time carb and serve it at 100kpa (I think thats 14.2 psi)

Basically you want to slow down the beer enough with the long line so you can pour it at the pressure you want to carb it at.

40 psi is what i carbonate at,4-6psi is what ive been serving at.
Hi batz I cant see any beer leaking anywhere. Thats whats got me stumped
Any way must go for the night. Will come back on after work tomorrow and see other replys.
Many thanks to all for your replys.
Kev.

So did you take a keg out of the fridge like suggested in the first posts?

batz

Back