Kanbeera Katchup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doogiechap

Burp..........
Reaction score
Hi chaps,
I was heading off to sunny Canberra on Sunday the 27th for a couple of weeks with work and was intending to spend some of my spare time at the Wig and Pen. Is there anywhere else worthy of a visit within the confines of public transport or a reasonable cab fare from Braddon ? I would love to catch up if there were any fellow brewers planning on heading out over that time period too :)
Cheers and beers.
Doug

Hi chaps,
I was heading off to sunny Canberra on Sunday the 27th for a couple of weeks with work and was intending to spend some of my spare time at the Wig and Pen. Is there anywhere else worthy of a visit within the confines of public transport or a reasonable cab fare from Braddon ? I would love to catch up if there were any fellow brewers planning on heading out over that time period too :)
Cheers and beers.
Doug

The Canberra Brewers Club meet on Thursday 1st July at the Harmonie Club, Narrabundah, from about 7.30pm onwards. A good few hours with a lot of good beers. For places of interest, some Canberra people should set you right.

The Canberra Brewers Club meet on Thursday 1st July at the Harmonie Club, Narrabundah, from about 7.30pm onwards. A good few hours with a lot of good beers. For places of interest, some Canberra people should set you right.

Cheers FG,
I'll pm DR K and see if visitors are welcome :)

Cheers FG,
I'll pm DR K and see if visitors are welcome :)

Visitors always welcome, its the locals you'll hate! I'll be there. There are blokes come in from Braddon so we may be able to organise a ride for you.

Just as a teaser, lifted straight from the CBC website, the words from the Club Prez who I hope won't be upset at by stealing his words, I give you what you will look forward to at the next meeting. A good reason to be there DC.

Brewers,
we are just a week away from the next meeting... my how time flies. This month we have a few beer tastings.

Firstly, a few rumours have permeated the club, something about Pengiuns (obviously important as it startes with a capital letter). I can confirm we have acquired two bottles of Tactical Nuclear Penguin and everyone should be getting a taster on Thursday. It may not have been the world's strongest beer for very long but this should be quite the opportunity. Good work Moz.

Secondly, a few members have approached the committee suggesting we run some of the tasting events of a few years ago and indeed our own education officer is very keen to run this too. Unlike years past though, there will be no fee and no limit on the seats - everyone who is at the meeting will which be able to take part - gratis. As there has been a good bit of talk about better wheat beers, we will have a selection of around half a dozen beers in the weizen and American wheat styles and will lead a guided tasting. We will also have a bit of an education spot on getting the recipes wight and brewing these styles well - and while I only have 3-4 bottles of each, I'll bring a dunkelweizen batch fermented with each of WYeast 3333, WB06 and K97 for a side by side comparison.

Be there or miss out (we'll supply tasting cups for both).

Just as a teaser, lifted straight from the CBC website, the words from the Club Prez who I hope won't be upset at by stealing his words, I give you what you will look forward to at the next meeting. A good reason to be there DC.

Hot damm I'm there !!
Cheers for the heads up bloke :)

Well I had a cracker of a night at the Canberra Brewers meet.
Tasted some stunning beers and met some great blokes. Looking forward to bumping into some of you at the Wig and Pen over the next week :)
Cheers
Doug

Well I had a cracker of a night at the Canberra Brewers meet.
Tasted some stunning beers and met some great blokes. Looking forward to bumping into some of you at the Wig and Pen over the next week :)
Cheers
Doug
Good to see you had a good night. Sorry I did not chat. I did not twig who you where when you stood up to say hi. I was too busy rounding up help for the Science festival.

Allo again lads,
I'm back for another stint from the 4th to the 20th of Jan. If anyone is up for a drink at the Wiggy or is having a brewday I would love to join the frivolity :)
Spewing I miss out on the Canberra Brewers meet !
Cheers
Doug

Doogie, I brew on most weekends, however I start EARLY. If you want to come over for a brewday, just let me know if you prefer Sat or Sun, and I'll work with you. Let me know what you might like to brew, what you like to drink, and how early you would be willing to show up. I try to get started around 6am Sorry, but I usually only have 6 beers on tap, so you will have to be happy with the small selection LOL.

My Usuals:
Gumballhead (American Wheat with plenty of Amarillo)
Hefeweizen (Very nice German Wheat with WK 380 yeast)
City of Fountains Pale ALe
Good Dog (mild)
3 legged hound (house pale ale.. less hoppy than the COFPA)
Stout
Irish Red
Cider
Cascades Orange Pale Ale (Awesome Beer!)

Hey Doug,

I'm on leave from 10 to 14 Jan, and I'll be doing a brew or two and always happy to have a drink at the Wig.

Get in touch when you arrive.

Cheers
C

I'll be up for a beer at the Wig or a brew day get together. Give us a hoy.
Cheers
Steve

Cheers chaps !
Peteoz I'll be working non stop for the 17 days I'm there which may make the brew-morning tricky (although I fully subscribe to the early start with most of my mashing beginning at 5 then go back to bed with the HERMS running :lol: ) It must be hard only having 6 taps :D
Chaps, I'll PM/ post as opportinities arise ! Thanks for the welcome back and generosity of time !!
Cheers
Doug

Cheers chaps !
Peteoz I'll be working non stop for the 17 days I'm there which may make the brew-morning tricky (although I fully subscribe to the early start with most of my mashing beginning at 5 then go back to bed with the HERMS running :lol: ) It must be hard only having 6 taps :D
Chaps, I'll PM/ post as opportinities arise ! Thanks for the welcome back and generosity of time !!
Cheers
Doug

Doug - just on the off chance you pop on here and see this. Im knocking off work now for a couple of pints and the Wig...i'll be the one with the shaved head and united shirt.
Cheers!
Steve

Doug - just on the off chance you pop on here and see this. Im knocking off work now for a couple of pints and the Wig...i'll be the one with the shaved head and united shirt.
Cheers!
Steve

Damm still at work........
I might pop down for a couple in an hour or two :rolleyes:

There might be a mid arvo knockoff on Sunday which counts me in :)
Cheers
Doug

So much for the early knockoff...
Heading down there soon for one or two :)
I'll be in the red AHB tee shirt :)
Cheers
Doug

Hi Doug,

I can't make it now (family over for dinner), but I'm on leave this week, so could be free for a catch during the week.

Enjoy

Cheers
C :icon_cheers:

PS: I'm planning to brew Tues and Sat all being well.

Hi again chaps,
I'm back again for another week or so and am hoping to track down a lift to the Canberra Brewers meet on the 7th. If anyone is going to be heading past The Mantra on Northbourne that evening I would be most grateful :)
If anyone is heading off to the W&P I would love to catch up too :)
In fact I might head down now :)
Cheers
Doug

Latest posts

Back