Just Joined The All Grain Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
After muckin around for months trying to gear up on the cheap Ive just mashed and boiled up my first all grain beer Yay 6 hours from the start of mashin thou. aimed for 1.045 25 litres ended up with 1.049 22 liitres (got to be happy with that. hope I didnt do my over hopping trick but. oh well see how it goes.
Cheers Jethro
( Ill end up devorsed thou if I cant keep hte mess down thou)

Good onya Jethro! Just getting into AG myself and I have to say that the difference is amazing.

What did you choose for the big AG #1?

Welcome to AG, Jethro!

Key to brewing and maintaining connubial bliss: buy a camp burner and 9Kg propane bottle and brew in the shed, not kitchen :)

And it will take you a while to refine the system and know your efficiency etc. AG always does take hours, though.

Jovial Monk

Way to go Jethro ,
now you gunna want to buy all sorts of things :p
My AG's take around 5 hours all going well

Well done Jethro.
Sounds like an awesome effort.

May the fermentation gods be with you.

Beers,
Doc

I just went for a pils I boiled in a 55 litre keg in the back pergola with a three burner boiled for 1 1/2 hours and boiled of 12 litres (bit more than I expected) then chilled with a immersion chiller (3/8 copper coil) 20 minutes. The time factor for me was batch sparging. and filtering water with a jug. I have picked up some areas where I can improve next time around but I guess I had already had a head start by advice to this forum. Its a ripper
Cheers guys Im of for a beer Jethro
:rolleyes: :D

Latest posts

Back