Judas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocky_555

Reaction score
Hello people,

I had this nice Belgian Golden Ale given to me and i would like to know if anyone had a recipe for it. AG is fine as i'm planning for this to be my first AG beer. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Brocky

No help from the BN hey ?
Who's the brewer ? Some of them have information on their web such as OG and IBU's, might be a start

LOL your quick phillip i was just about too use that link.

One of the websites i went said "Similar in style to Duvel, Judas is slightly drier in the finish, but retains the characteristic full flavour of a golden ale"

So the link phillip gave is probably spot on too what you want

I would of thought the main thing is the yeast in this beer too get it right, see if you can get another bottle of it and reculture the yeast from it.

Cheers
DJ

The thing is; you haven't really provided much information in order for anyone to help you out.

What was the ale? Was it Duvel? Here is a recipe for a belgian golden strong (style created by Michael Jackson after tasting Duvel) which comes from 'brew like a monk'.

I haven't brewed it myself so I can't vouch but the backing qualifications are much higher than mine.

Malt:

80% Pilsner
2-5% wheat
2-5% munich
5-20% candi sugar or dextrose.

Hops:
30% Styrian goldings@90
35% Stryrian Goldings@30
35% saaz @f/o

Mash at 66-67, ferment between 19 and 24.

Yeast: 1214 (wyeast) or 500(whitelabs)

According to the same reference the real duvel is just pilsner malt and dextrose - no munich, no wheat.

Judging by the title I think it was Judas

Oh too late, you already saw that...

Seen it and admitted stupidity.

Hopefully the recipe is still of some use.

How different is Judas from duvel?

Shoot for a duvel clone, if you cant get it attenuated very well, it might be similar to Judas

+1
Had one the other night at the Belgian Beer Cafe and it is pretty similar to Duvel.

Back