Joining Two Co2 Regs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcampbell

Reaction score
To keep the peace with SWMBO, and to release the purse stings for an outside bar, I needed to get the pressure up on her Soda Water Keg. So the answer was to get dual gas regs. Problem was I had two single Keg King regs.

I spoke with Keg King and found out that their regulator thread was Right Hand 1/4 inch NPT (Note - I think Micromatic are Left hand threads).

In simple terms the high pressure gauge (opposite the gas bottle connection) is a direct through line. So if we take off the high pressure gauge of one reg and the input of the other gauge, and join them with a nipple - we have what I want.

So here is the start.

Two gauges and the nipple (Ryco Part Number S27N-0404 - available from www.hydraulicsdirect.com.au)

AHB_1.jpg

Remove high pressure gas gauge from one gauge and the gas bottle connector from the other

AHB_2.jpg

This is the thread sealer goop I used. Note that the nipple is a tapered thread and the gauge is a parallel thread so I threaded it in and out a few times VERY tight to "cut in the thread". Pleanty of goop on the male and female sides.

AHB_3.jpg

The gauge with goop on one thread.

AHB_4.jpg

The two gauges joined. I did the nipple up nice and tight on both sides. I allowed three hours for the goop to go off and connected. Tested with detergent and amazingly no leaks :)

AHB_5.jpg

This is what I now have - and a happy wife!

AHB_6.jpg

Hope this helps anyone planning to get a dual reg. Cheap if you have a spare gauge!

Cheers
Steve

Back