John Guest Fitting Q's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Brewin' Beer for Crazy Clowns & Juggalo's
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals can anyone using this http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=853 tell me exactly how much of the thread on the back of the Celi tap it actually uses to get a seal, and also how long it is, I want to fit a couple to my setup but I don't have alot of thread or space to play with. My 2 taps are connected to a font like the one here http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=977. At first I was thinking of using this http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=903 but I'm not confident there'll be enough room in the font.

Cheers

The first adaptor usess about 6 - 10mm of thread iirc - and it seals against the end of the threaded tap. As such you need to make sure its on tight.

The adaptor itself is around 35 - 40mm long.

All above is from memory, can check one I get home to beer tonight. :)

How are you going to use a JG fitting AND use a font at the same time? :huh:

The first adaptor usess about 6 - 10mm of thread iirc - and it seals against the end of the threaded tap. As such you need to make sure its on tight.

The adaptor itself is around 35 - 40mm long.

All above is from memory, can check one I get home to beer tonight. :)

How are you going to use a JG fitting AND use a font at the same time? :huh:

Thanks Raven that would be good. The font itself is about 100mm in diameter, so I was hoping that there would be enough room in there for the JG fitting and the beer line to obviously not crimp, would be a tight fit I know. The reason I'd like to use JG fittings is that the normal elbows (the metal ones) seem to get what looks like rust on them, or maybe the SS elbows I have aren't really SS <_<

I can tell you from experience that you won't be able to fit two of the straight JG fittings (PID=853) to your font, the angle of the taps will cause them to overlap. As the right angled versions (PID=903) seem even longer I didn't even consider them.

Struggled to measure the unit without taking the fridge door lining off.... so:

110mm from outer end of Celli to fridge outer skin.

55mm from fridge outer skin to the back end of JG fitting on the tap shank.

So 165mm from tap end to JG fittings when on tight.

The diameter of the JG fittings is 20mm at the beer line end, and significantly larger at the tap shank end (sorry could not measure this - hidden behind door skin!

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers! :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated, I've managed to get the two taps going, but it'll be near impossible with 2 Celi's (I have 1 Celi & 1 Celi rip-off) and completely impossible with Celi's & JG fittings. I know someone who owns a metal fab shop so I might see about getting a font made up to be able to fit 2 real Celi's & the JG, really it'll only need to be a few cm wider in diameter, I really like the JG fittings & Celi's so I want these two to work together on a font like the one I have.

Cheers HB79

Back