Diptube flow restrictor for soda water keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
Hi All,

I use a kegking fridge with CB font and 525ss taps, I use 2 kegs with beer and 1 keg for soda, only problem is that having a higher pressure in the soda keg, the pour at the tap is too fast.

My question, has anybody used these dip tube flow restrictors from Craftbrewer.
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4390

Thanks in advance :)

Interesting.

When I told the lady I'm getting kegs she said one will be for soda so am interested in how I get that set up.

I've used them with reasonable success serving a high-carbed hefe alongside a normal ale...

You could probably just use a couple of extra metres of beer (soda) line, and get the same result though too...

Slap in one of those universal poppets. They are renounced for halving the flow out. All mine have.

Not too sure how a poppet valve would make any difference, all kegs have them? I've got generic ones and original and seem the same to me.
I might try the dip tube type restrictors as I can't lengthen my line without replace the whole line and the line that come with the font from CraftBrewer is a small ID to compensate for having short length , I don't know where to get anymore line like this.

Oh, also... buy a couple - they're cheap and you can definitely fit 2 in the one dip tube, probably 3...

i run mine on a standard keg, standard length line and tap works fine.

Back