Joe Cocker dies, aged 70

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
English-born music legend Joe Cocker has died at age 70 following a battle with lung cancer
He started off playing to small audiences in pubs in his native England, made a breakthrough when he jolted the 1969 Woodstock festival by playing the Beatles' With a Little Help From My Friends which critics hailed as one of the rock era's most successful covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwg0ZlPTJA​

One of the worlds greatest artists, 'Now that the magic has really gone' This Sheffield plumber really 'Put a spell on me' Thanks Joe for some truly great music.
Think I will leave my hat on.

Takes me back to a social cricket club piss up with me and Bags Forsythe, both full of piss, trying to duet that same song and being unable to talk clearly for 2 days afterwards having gravelled out my vocal cords.
Loved his work.

An ugly mofo with a voice of gold...ore. Sang his guts out and brought tears to my eyes more than once. Damn you'll be missed Joe!

Joe was my first ever live concert. Saw him at the Enmore theatre with my old man and brother. Still one of the best live gigs i've ever seen.

I'll take my hat off to a true legend of rock and soul.

Thanks for the great music Joe.

Rest in Peace.

JD

You can leave your hat on JD....but agree with all the sentiments. a legendary soul singer with an amazing voice. He gave hi all as a performer. I never got the privelege of seeing him live, something I regret.

Saw him live (more half dead) at the old Mayfair ballroom in Newcastle upon Tyne when I was at high school. He was so drunk he kept dropping the mike and got slow hand clapped (we were a polite mob in those days). When I heard about his passing my first thought was "how the hell did he make it to 70" :blink:

vale Joe

"You are so Beautiful" . My wife and I danced to that song at our wedding.

He had a great voice.

R.I.P Joe.

Latest posts

Back