James Squires Rum Rebellion Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
I have had a couple of these today & really enjoyed them. I guess there will be plenty of long winded reviews of this beer, so I will kick off with a quick & positive one to start.

As a big Porter fan, I liked it! 5.5% with some vanilla & rum flavours very noticeable

Now go find a bottle shop that has some!

Cheers
Gerard

I was lucky enough to taste the prototype and it was great. I hope the production version is just as good.

Ditto that, the prototype was a pearler.

Yep, unfortunately have to agree with these larrikins :ph34r:

tdh

Is it available now???

Cheers,
Jase

Anyone found it in stock in Sydney yet ?

Doc

not sure where I found it now but a google search last week I found something saying it wasn't being released until mid august. I think the 16th is what I read.

Tried to find the site but cannot find it now.

Not sure about release dates & all that sort of stuff, but I do know that it is available in my fridge. Just finishing off the 2nd for the evening. As this is a blend with the normal Porter I can answer NO to the top cropping ale yeast query.
Cheers
Gerard

As I mentioned Earlier in my Free Belgian Beers Post, the bottle shop on Bay Rd in Waverton will be stocking this as of tomorrow. Well that is what the owner told me this afternoon anyway... One can only hope he wasn't telling porky pies...

Cheers

Craig

p.s. Damn you Gerard, Damn you to hell.... :p

Not sure about release dates & all that sort of stuff, but I do know that it is available in my fridge. Just finishing off the 2nd for the evening. As this is a blend with the normal Porter I can answer NO to the top cropping ale yeast query.
Cheers
Gerard

Is this a reference to the JS porter being done with a lager yeast? I thought they changed to an ale yeast a couple of years back.

According to Malt Shovel it's not being released untill August 7. Anyone interested in late night meeting in Camperdown- bring your crowbar. The fence around the brewery didn't look that big.

As I mentioned Earlier in my Free Belgian Beers Post, the bottle shop on Bay Rd in Waverton will be stocking this as of tomorrow. Well that is what the owner told me this afternoon anyway... One can only hope he wasn't telling porky pies...

Cheers

Craig

p.s. Damn you Gerard, Damn you to hell.... :p

Is this going to be stocked exclusively by Vintage Cellars to begin with, like the way the Hop Thief was distributed?

sounds good Gerard, cant wait to try it. ;)
would go well with a piccolo. :chug:

Too right! :beerbang:

You're a genuis young man. :lol:

Warren -

Back