James Squire Sundowner Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
My sister drinks lots of this stuff so i was going to try make a batch for chrissy. Its getting a little close but i thought i'd bust it out, she can take it with her if its not ready by then. Had a search but only found an extract recipe.

I have heard that its made with galaxy hops but when i drank it i couldn't really taste much hops at all, but i brews that used to be hoppy don't really taste hoppy at all to me!

I just went on craftbrewer and bought some swiss lager yeast, that would be the quickest lager yeast wouldn't it?

Thanks guys.

S-189 will get you there for Christmas no worries.
Haven't tried the Sundowner so can't comment.

I just had a crack at one of these the other day. To my understanding, they use galaxy, summer saaz, and a bit of northern brewer for the grassy finish. I used 3.5kg of Pilsner, 1.5kg of Vienna, and 500g of carapils, but having read the bottle after I'd started it looks like they use pale malt instead.

It's still in the fermenter, but I'll give you a review on how close/far away when it's ready to go. :chug:

I just had a crack at one of these the other day. To my understanding, they use galaxy, summer saaz, and a bit of northern brewer for the grassy finish. I used 3.5kg of Pilsner, 1.5kg of Vienna, and 500g of carapils, but having read the bottle after I'd started it looks like they use pale malt instead.

It's still in the fermenter, but I'll give you a review on how close/far away when it's ready to go. :chug:

The grassy finish you refer to is not from northern brewer,more likely saaz

no thanks,I'll survive

bump,...........buggered if i can find an ag recipe for this,can anyone help....cheers.....spog...........

Back