J.s. On Tap At Salamanca

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza_devil

Reaction score
G'day Brewers,
I had the opportunity to sample almost all (the golden ale had run out) of my favourite James Squires beers on tap last weekend at a new bar that's apparently just opened at Salamanca in Hobart. I must say they all tasted devine and noticably moreso than the bottled versions. Nice place too, not to mention a rather cute young barmaid :icon_drool2: . Managed to sample the Golden Ale at the Waterfront in Bellerive and it was delicious off the tap as well. I wasn't expecting such a difference in the kegged versions, they seemed to have more flavour all round. Perhaps it was after the light beer in plastic cups earlier at the cricket putting my taste buds out of whack but I did cleanse my palate in between drinks so not sure.

Cheers.

agreed. it is a nice place and a fantastic location. went in a couple of times for dinner during the holidays and no complaints about the food. had the six shot sampler which was a bit underwhelming (couldnt tell the difference between sundown and golden). ended up having a few pints of the pilsner though which was very nice. looking forward to going back.
oh, and the price wasnt too bad considering the venue and location. $8.90/pint.

Back