It's Awesome When People Love Your Hb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grand scheme of things is overrated. Life isn't the million dollar cheque all at once, it's broken into a dollar of worthwhile here and 15 cents of good time there. If you don't notice it go past, you don't realise you still get the million dollars of value. I'm kind of talking to myself here.

It's my nieces' and kids' generation that get my brewing. When i offer them an IPA or american pale ale or yorkshire bitter or duvel clone they know what i'm talking about. My own family are a complete loss. They taste it and offer me a crownie, as though I brew because i can't afford 'good' beer. But screw that, each of my nieces and their guys who visited over christmas gave me a couple of dollars worth of recognition, and that's worth something.

Beer and philosophy. Hand in hand, mate.

Edit: missed the apostrophes.

Yep, congrats to all who impressed with their HB this Christmas.

I have been hesitant to share my home brew until now as rejection often offends but a stock standard SMASH with ale malt and D-Sazz had them blowing the keg within hours, even the megaswillers. Take them out of their comfort zone....... but only a little.

I have found that it is nice when people try your beer and tell you they like it without scrunching up their face.

However, it is awesome when they actually ask for seconds

It's even better when they end up hanging around the keg fridge and blow your keg.

(kinda)

I think they liked the land lord ;)

Took 30 tallies away with me on hol's. The DSGA is nice, but not the best batch I've made. The AIPA smells and tastes great - but I must have screwed up the bulk priming. Most bottles have been quite lacking in fizz. :( Bro-in-law has been enjoying both with me though and has hardly touched the 2 cartons of megaswill he bought.

split a dubbel between 2 people last night. first guy said, "ahh, a super stella artois" when I said it was a belgian ale. He then asked if it was a stout after seeing the colour. The other guy said that I really nailed the flavour of the beers he drank when he was travelling in Belgium. That's the response I was after.

I have to admit, the thought of giving one of my beers to someone who wasn't over for the free beer and getting some honest feedback was a bit nerving.
I bit the bullet one day when a mate mentioned he was looking at doing a White Rabbit Dark Ale clone. Told him I had one in the fridge at home and he was keen to try it out. I have to point out that he had just completed the BJCP exam so you can understand the resistance in passing it over. When he got back to me and said he (and his old man) enjoyed it more than the real thing, a sense of pride that I had made wasn't just nice to me gave me the warm and fuzzies. Even better when he asked for the recipe so he could enter it into comps if I wasnt going to.
It's the little bits of appreciation that keep you coming back time and time again.

Latest posts

Back