Is this over the top?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie1

Reaction score
Wanting to put this one together this weekend, will this work or should I adjust it.

1 Coopers Canadian Blonde
1.5kg Briess liquid malt extract
1kg Coopers BE1
Safale 05us
dry hop 25gm Cascade day 4
23ltr Using Cooper DIY kit
17c temp. controlled fridge

Just want to keep it simple, give me your thoughts

thanks

Hey mate,

What sort of beer were you looking to make?

I plugged your recipe into IanH's spreadsheet and you'll end up with something about 5.8%, light in colour (EBC 5.2) and relatively mild on the hops/bitterness (IBU 22.8).

Personally speaking for this Coopers style I think you are. Canadian Blonde I think is great as per the recipe and skulled on a stinking hot day after some task like mowing lawns or given to persons not appreciative of a beer with strong flavours aromas etc.
But that's my opinion only so don't be discouraged from brewing what you want.
Cheers

I think it will be fine and tasty, I think the best thing about the blonde kit is that it has very little flavour, allows whatever you add to shine through.

Thanks for the input, I will give it a go sometime this weekend. :chug:

Got this put together on the 29th, pitched the yeast @ 20c & holding @ 20c, temp controlled. I will dry hop when I take the collar off. It sure looked and smelled terrific when I was mixing it. :D :super: Now comes the waiting & just as soon as I bottle this I am putting the Coopers draught together so I won't have to wait so long. :drinks:

Back