Is this keg setup any good

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not bad.
price all the bits as seperate items.
- kegs are around 85 used - to be safe put new seals etc in, about $15 each fior a kit. so can you buy the rest for $60?

- a Harris regulator 1 outlet is about 80ish
- pinlocks about 10 bucks each if you have a good supplyer
- the tap about $50 unless its a perlick then about $110 -the shank is a bit long for a fridge door, and no good for a font.
- beer line and clamps, depends what the line is (flexible?). those connecters are about 50c each max.

So yeah, not bad value.

From past experience, I'd want some sort of limited guarantee on the kegs. A decent supplier should be happy to offer a limited warranty - long enough to test they actually work. Keg King offer 7 days on their 2nd hand kegs, which is long enough to check if they hold pressure. Other reputable suppliers offer the same or better. Too many have tiny holes etc,

Also, be aware that converted pin locks are shorter and fatter than ball locks, so check they'll fit your set up

Don't skimp out on taps. $45 gets you an intertap, better design, stainless, not crap like these cheap ones. You really don't want a cheap tap. You will also need shanks.

Check out kegking, $75 kegs and free shipping to capital cities if you spend $200 or more. I usually wait until I have $200 of stuff to buy from them to take advantage of it.

Don't forget that this doesn't come with a gas bottle, you're still going to need to pick one of those up.

Cheers guys so by the the sound of it I should spend a bit more cash and get better quality stuff makes sense buy once cry once haha

I bought my stuff from here

https://www.bulkbrewingsupplies.com.au/

I did spend some time contemplating an ebay setup but decided to spend a little extra and get better quality stuff. To get what is on that ebay listing but better quality is about $40 more from the link above.

Might get better service from other suppliers but prices are pretty good, especially if you are in Perth.

Latest posts

Back