Is There An Easy Way To Join Two Bigw Pots?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question re: using a 50L keg for BIAB, do you make a lid out of the top of the keg? If not, is it a PITA keeping a consistent mash temp?

You can make a lid or just buy a glass one from target, kmart, bigw or ikea and cut the size of the lid.

:lol: Just like at the end of an Elvis concert in the 70's, Ross has left the building & moved on about 25 replies ago.

Thankyou & goodnight.

Thankyou very much.......

I just unsubscribed, took a step back and evaluated the situation from a better standpoint. I can't believe it's still going and shows up in the recent thread list.

For all those who took the time to offer sensible advice, I owe you a response. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

I did what I said I was going to do and observed another brewers process. This has given me the basis for a simple setup that will suit my situation and budget restraints.
Yes I can go out and buy a heap of new equipment, but I'm choosing not to. To be quite honest, I'm pretty sure no one will care about the look of my setup except the people on a forum such as this. If the beer tastes bad, that's a different story.
In regards to joining the two pots together, I've looked into it and it would not be a difficult task if done correctly. All in all about a 20min job if you have the right gear on hand.
However, I have decided to move away from this approach as it seems unnecessary. A gasket from my local gasket maker and a few DIY clips would do a better job but there is an easier way it seems.
My approach at this stage is to use the three BigW pots on hand to create a mini bastardised rig that will pack down into a small space and be useful for other things like cooking mudcrabs ( that's what I keep telling myself at least).
The rig will require another bucket which I can deal with. Apart from that, all I really want is to brew a single 20-25l batch with the possibility of half batches for experimentation.

lol at mig welding not warping pots.. I thought someone would of suggested welding them in place of silicon...

Anyway head down to the local op shop. get big pot or urn. Even auctions might be the go...

Latest posts

Back