Is My Regulator Stuffed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakethesnake559

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last weekend I took my portable 9L keg setup on it's maiden voyage.
It's a soda stream bottle on a single gauge reg with about 400mm gas line to the disconnect.

First mistake was not installing a non-return valve.
Second mistake was finishing the whole keg (I blame a lack of support from my mates!!).
Third mistake was throwing the whole setup in the front seat of the car without much care.

Anyway, so when I went to the car in the morning, I found beer in the gas line.
I think mainly due to the angle of the keg and the short gas line (and maybe a loss of pressure from the bottle).

Is there anything I can do...or is the regulator stuffed :unsure: ??

Thanks in advance.
Jake.

Hi all,

Last weekend I took my portable 9L keg setup on it's maiden voyage.
It's a soda stream bottle on a single gauge reg with about 400mm gas line to the disconnect.

First mistake was not installing a non-return valve.
Second mistake was finishing the whole keg (I blame a lack of support from my mates!!).
Third mistake was throwing the whole setup in the front seat of the car without much care.

Anyway, so when I went to the car in the morning, I found beer in the gas line.
I think mainly due to the angle of the keg and the short gas line (and maybe a loss of pressure from the bottle).

Is there anything I can do...or is the regulator stuffed :unsure: ??

Thanks in advance.
Jake.

If it was me,
Keep using it for now and see how it goes.
If it does play up/die, then talk to the supplier they should have a kit for it for a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

QldKev

If it was me,
Keep using it for now and see how it goes.
If it does play up/die, then talk to the supplier they should have a kit for it for a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

QldKev

Thanks Kev, maybe all is not lost.
And edit...second mistake was definately NOT finishing the keg!!

Thanks Kev, maybe all is not lost.
And edit...second mistake was definately NOT finishing the keg!!

Never good to leave a keg :lol:

I had beer run back into a reg about 4 years ago, all I did was blow some CO2 back though it like hitting a fresh keg. Theory was to blow any beer from the reg out. Blew most the beer out form the line, and the reg is still running perfectly.

QldKev

Back