Is It Just Me?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time the missus turns on GO they seem to be playing a Harry Potter movie.

personally i think there should be a jack black movie on every other week, with a live Tenacious D concert on the inbetween weeks
-Phill

Well done channel 10
Seems it's been nearly a year since they dragged out School of Rock.
Until now....
:(

Lets take a dip in the strawberry rivveerrr! Wheeeee!!!

"Cant you see he's the man
let me hear you applaud
he is more than a man hes a shiny golden god!"

yes i know it aint school of rock, but its better than me quoting nacho libre... riiight? :ph34r:

Off topic but since the arrival of the 'junk' channels like 7-two and GO they are screening crap that would previously never have made it to Free to Air. Yesterday they showed a "Hallmark" movie called "Our House" re homeless people. Now the thing about SWMBO is that she is a cheerful person but because of her upbringing will never show weepiness or anything in public. Yesterday she was bawling her eyes out and I nearly called an ambulance. I sat down to see what the problem was and within ten minutes I grabbed the box of kleenex myself. Everybody should watch this movie, if necessary at gunpoint :icon_cheers:

Haven't cried so much since Di's funeral :mellow:

Random TV observation undeserving of its own thread: 7two and GO! are like US cable hell.

Having said that the two Scottish home decorating flamers I'm watching now are pretty ******* hilarious.

One of the worst examples is chanel 9s two and a half men, they show it that many times a week that you can see the same episode every fortnight. Pity, it is quite a funny show, but they are just replaying over and over.

cheers

Browndog

No, they're different episodes, it's just the writers aren't very imaginative.

Miss Congeniality is played a lot as well.

Random TV observation undeserving of its own thread: 7two and GO! are like US cable hell.

Having said that the two Scottish home decorating flamers I'm watching now are pretty ******* hilarious.

I don't know, it's only thanks to GO1 that I actually watched an episode of Big Bang Theory, which was above expectations...

I'm sure that was on 9 a while back before GO! was even on. I think it might have been very late night.

Don't know about you, but any channel airing regular Seinfeld episodes gets my vote.

I don't know about you but Seinfeld has been on tv pretty much every day for the last decade and I've had a gutful.

The only tv I see is when the missus turns it on (Good Game notwithstanding). And I usually spend the duration whining like an old woman (who really hates watching tv).

Seinfeld is never on.

The only time I watch the TV is when there's a DVD of something I've chosen screening on it. I would watch TV if it didn't make me into a similarly whining ranting bitch.

Get the **** off my lawn, whippersnapper.

I'll turn it on when Christmas Vacation is on... like now!

Hahaha - thought of this thread as I flicked past it at half time.

To their credit - it's been a while.

:D

School of rock. I love it. Never gets old....

"does anyone know what a hangover is..... No, it doesn't mean that I'm drunk, it means that I was drunk, yesterday"

I only watch it on weekend afternoons lately.

I live in motels during the week and haven't switched the tv on in months.

The missus tapes a couple of shows (nascars and bikes, Anthony Bourdain) and i watch them on weekends.

One she has been sharing with me is 'Mrs Browns Boy's". That is some funny shit.

Such a welcome change to see some good british comedy back on the tube. Hasn't been much since the Young Ones.

Back