Iron Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an embellishment maybe they could record which clones are made via HERMS, 3V or BIAB - a massive battle of the Systems to end all battles :)

As an embellishment maybe they could record which clones are made via HERMS, 3V or BIAB - a massive battle of the Systems to end all battles :)
Or a never ending shite fight ............. The brewing system that will be used to brew the winners beer will be a single infusion system so that's some thing to keep in mind. ;)
GB

I'm interested in having a crack at it so waiting for further info. Will be my first comp.

You gonna sell the ingredients for this comp nice and cheap GB?

my 'guess at the recipe based on the specs

86% Pale, 13% crystal and 1% roast
Styrian (not ideal bittering but they mention noble...) bitter to 42.5 IBU then 1.5g/l at 5

This sounds like an incredibly interesting idea and a challenge is always good.

I'm interested in having a crack at it so waiting for further info. Will be my first comp.

You gonna sell the ingredients for this comp nice and cheap GB?
Mate as always 'nice and cheap', only problem is I dont know what the ingredients are yet. The only certain I do know is that the yeast will be a dry one. My guess is it will be made with an Aussie Pale malt as a base.
GB

I have just been informed that the Sail & Anchor Iron Brew competition web page will be completed by Monday 6th December. All the required info will be there. This is looking like being a very big event . I will post the link when it becomes available.
GB

Sounds like fun, it will be my first comp! That would be amazing being able to brew a larger batch of your beer and have it on tap!

I am glad I saw this when I did. I will enter it for sure. It forces me to get some repeatable process down after moving west. Good stuff.

Bugger, I thought this post was to clone IRN BRU, used to love that stuff in the UK - it actually outsells Coke in Scotland and is recently well known for its outrageous totally non PC outdoor advertising hoardings :lol:

View attachment 42527
View attachment 42528
View attachment 42529
View attachment 42530

screw the competition, those are some cool ads!!!

What is this iron brew, some kind of super strong cheap ass lager like Tennent's Super Strong Lager?

(which I still have not tried, growing up in Norway we never really got the English cheap stuff, only the traditional purity law 100% all malt stuff)

Bjorn

I'm in - if interstate entries are allowed.

So this is strictly for the style outlined in 19A of the BJCP style guidelines ? May have to get something done soon so it can age for a while.

1ST PLACE Brews a 40 keg batch in a local brewery, of their IRON BREW clone to go on tap at the Sail and Anchor!

2ND PLACE receives a keg of Sail & Anchor IPA.

3rd PLACE receives $100 cash.

Second place almost seems better than first place to me!

1ST PLACE Brews a 40 keg batch in a local brewery, of their IRON BREW clone to go on tap at the Sail and Anchor!

Yeah I be happy with second too, beats emptying mash/lauter tuns. Mind you 1st would give you pretty good bragging rites.
GB

Bjorn, off topic but IRN BRU is a Scottish soft drink that tastes a bit like Creaming Soda :p

first place brews 40L (or do they mean HL)......

must be a small brewery !!!!!!!!

Well that certainly got all of your attention didnt it

Seems like someone wants to alienate themselves from knowing the enigma

Do any of you remember the t-shirt that had the iron brew motif on it

Biceps bulging

Now I can see how beer does infact bring people together

I may enter the comp if I can fit another brew in the coolroom

Cheers speedie

Ps it should have been dogbolter ,in its heyday it kicked arse in the America cup days

B)

Well that certainly got all of your attention didnt it

Seems like someone wants to alienate themselves from knowing the enigma

Do any of you remember the t-shirt that had the iron brew motif on it

Biceps bulging

Now I can see how beer does infact bring people together

I may enter the comp if I can fit another brew in the coolroom

Cheers speedie

Ps it should have been dogbolter ,in its heyday it kicked arse in the America cup days

B)

Your posts make no sense to me speedie yet I still get a giggle everytime i read them :rolleyes:

the media does that too ya believe none of what you hear and half of what you see
must go of too work now
enigma bon jewer manure ;)

Back