Introducing myself

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brouhaha

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Nathan.

I just wanted to introduce myself, I only just found out about the new club so I missed the first couple of meetings, I'll definitely be at the next one though. I had a read over the last thread and I found it all very exciting... I have a couple of ideas to put out there.

Firstly in regards to the meeting location, I work out of this co-working space (http://www.electronworkshop.com.au/) it's a great space centrally located with plenty of room to meet. I could speak to the guys who run it if you'd like and see if maybe we can meet there?

Also, I'm a web designer, so if you'd like any help with a website, logo's t-shirts etc, I'd love to get involved.

Hey Brouhaha, welcome! We have plans for a website so help with that would be great. For me, North Melbourne would be harder to get to than Brunswick. Not sure about the others. Maybe message Kevin Hawley on this forum as he's been organising meet up places so far.

I don't know if finding a meet up space would be so hard - there's plenty of community halls, church halls, libraries etc, that are usually great places for meeting up.

More than happy to help with a site.

Yeah, North Melbourne can be a bit of a pain to get to depending on where you're coming from and it's not always great for parking if you're one of those car people. I'm sure you're right about there being a bunch of venues out there.

Used to work there. Had to go right round the city circle and then catch another train out to North Melbourne Station. For those who drive it shouldn't be so bad - once you reach Victoria Street, just head west pretty much until it ends.

Welcome aboard Nathan, look forward to meeting you in person next time we all catch up.

I'll PM you regarding your offer of website help, thanks.

TimT said:
I've just PMed you both!
Why do I feel like I'm missing something?
I guess we should have a meeting somewhere other than Brunswick at some point. I just feel it should be close to public transport links, as no one wants to drive for obvious reasons.
Anyway, welcome to the newest brew club in town.

Are we locked in for Tuesday 4th March @ 7pm @ TRB??
Agree we need to look at alternate locations in the future but we will need a base to get this club going
Anyone else keen to have a bit of pizza as well ??

I'm not against having the next meeting at TRB, but need to confirm with them. I really think we need to get down to discussing stuff at the next meeting, and the other stuff going on at the last meet was a bit of a (very nice) distraction. Will see if I can get a chance to drop into the brewery tomorrow, but no promises.

Hopefully between TRB, Temple and The Alehouse Project we could hopefully work out something once in each every three months.
Provided they are happy for us to bring some of our own Grog. Ale house may be an issue but Temple has a nice upstairs bar thats relatively hidden so they might be receptive to BYO provided we buy a pint on the way upstairs.

Temple has a nice upstairs bar thats relatively hidden

Ooh that sounds tempting....

Hey Charst, were you interested in getting your logo design on again?

Charst said:
Hopefully between TRB, Temple and The Alehouse Project we could hopefully work out something once in each every three months.
Provided they are happy for us to bring some of our own Grog. Ale house may be an issue but Temple has a nice upstairs bar thats relatively hidden so they might be receptive to BYO provided we buy a pint on the way upstairs.
Good idea
We could alternate between tasting our own at TRB (and Temple ?) then do a review of commercial offerings at the Alehouse

A new thread might be best for this discussion?

Correct me if wrong but it seems perhaps a little rude to ask to use a commercial brewery (such as TR) for a meeting dedicated to club matters, especially if they need to keep staff beyond their usual knock-off time.

I'm thinking a quiet space with ample chairs/tables and not too many other discractions would be most conducive to a meeting for sorting out admin and logistics things.

I also agree that having a member from another club visit to discuss how they operate may be useful as on of our first 'activities', perhaps after we sort out a suitable venue.

Correct me if wrong but it seems perhaps a little rude to ask to use a commercial brewery (such as TR) for a meeting dedicated to club matters, especially if they need to keep staff beyond their usual knock-off time.

I agree, if it's the same with Temple Brewery perhaps another place, a community hall somewhere.

I gotta say I agree with TimT and beermeupscotty. Perhaps club meetings should be in a community hall or similar and we could arrange tours of breweries as a club activity outside of the regular meetings?

TimT said:
Hey Charst, were you interested in getting your logo design on again?
Yeah I'm happy to have a go, Thinking about doing something like a MM Mash paddle, one stacked on top of the other.

beermeupscotty said:

Fair Point, I was making the assuptrion in Temple's case that they are open on club nights anyway so we'd only be pinching their upstairs bar for one night and guaranteeing them selling 20 odd pots as a gesture of thanks.

Maybe a Beer pub like the Great northern would be receptive to us pinching a private room on a quiet night, being they are already open. Pot rule would still need apply.

Latest posts

Back