Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain said:
normall,

It's a term we use to take the piss out of Brisbane and ourselves, we know very well it aint any kind of Las Vegas but we like it here anyway.

There are others that call it Brisneyland, in the hope that it's all a sick theme park and one day they'll find the exit.

Captain.
[post="49823"][/post]​

Although if the SE Regional Plan goes ahead in its current form, we'll have to start calling it Bris Angeles!

Welcome to the forum, Captain. Good to see another Brisbane-ite in here. A few of us have get togethers every now and then, so keep an eye out for up-coming dates..... JGriffin? JGriffin? Hellooooo......

Cheers - Snow

Welcome aboard Captain, good to see some more brewers from Brisvegas.

Snow, John's pretty drugged up at the moment - wisdom teeth ripped out, so you may not get a response....or maybe a really weird one B)

Hi all my name is maurie and im in Brisneyland, I have been AG Brewing for 4.5 years.
I generally brew great beers but occaisionally have a little bad luck. Thats why im here to learn about better sanitization techniques.

Sorry I didnt intro my self sooner as there was a war going on and I kept my head down.

Maurie

Welcome OB I hope the war is over now. This is the most helpful bunch of guy you can find and you will gain by the experience

Welcome OB - what part of Brizzy?

Ross

Welcome to all the new members.
:beer:

cheers
johnno

Welcome OB,
Welcome to the board, there is quite a few new Brissy members coming on lately.
This board is a wealth of knowledge on the HB subject for those who take it on.

Cheers

Greetings

The name is Aaron. Very new to brewing but learning a lot fast thanks to the accumulated knowledge here, my HBS and some friends. I am a fan of bigger dark ales and particularly like some of the Trappist beers.

Am based in Adelaide and have started playing with grains etc. Want to get into AG but think I will work my way up to it.

Thanks for all the info you have all provided so far and hopefully I can start contributing in the future.

Aaron

Welcome Aaron,
In Adelaide you wont have too much trouble meeting up with a group who will help you along the grain path.
A couple of the brew shops do AG demos, Goliath Brewing on Brighton Road have a fairly regular get together generally on a Saturday.
Keep your eye on this board and one will happen soon.
Cheers and good luck,

Aaron said:
Am based in Adelaide
[post="51163"][/post]​

Aaron

Could you post your suburb (not address)? That way if you want to look at someone elses setup or have a friendly chat we can point you in the direction of a tame Adelaide brewer?

Cheers
Pedro

Pedro said:
[post="51163"][/post]​
Could you post your suburb (not address)?
[post="51175"][/post]​

I am in Henley Beach and have now added that to the profile. Look forward to meeting up with others. Are there any clubs in Adelaide? I have not been able to find mention of them.

Hi my name is macca and I live in Culcairn NSW.

I have been brewing kits for a long time now, about 15 years. I have come here to learn about all grain brewing and I hope to learn a lot while I am here.
I hope to get learn different beer styles as I am pretty much Stout and lager kinda bloke.

Any way I will meet you all im sure,

Macca

Aaron said:
I am in Henley Beach <snip> Are there any clubs in Adelaide?
[post="51185"][/post]​

Aaron

There are couple around - one is associated with a wine group (wee_stu should be able to tell more) and I think the "Adelaide Brewers Club" is still going, though I haven't been to one of their meetings for years. Email me from the link below this message and I will put you in email contact with these people.

Cheers
Pedro

The Adelaide Wine and Beermakers club meets in Clarence Park Community Hall 8.00pm each first Tuesday of the month. We welcome any brewers wanting to join!

Jovial Monk

Thanks for the info guys. Very much appreciated. Can't wait to start some AG brewing and to get to the point where I can start helping others.

Gentlemen
This is a goodbye for now post. The other half was offered a position in London so I am off to England for the Nthn Summer. I will tune in every now and then but I have to watch a few test matches, Wimbledon of course & plenty of golf. We will be based In Richmond to start, before finding something around Parsons Green I hope.
Enjoy "The Crawl"
Keith

Keith, don't say goodbye, we will want you as a foreign correspondant.

Looking forward to reading your exploits drinking beer at CAMRA pubs across the country.

Hi, my name is Peter and I am from Brisbane. Id like to say my first impressions of this site is very good. A little about me, I am an all grain brewer I have been brewing since I was a young lad and I have been doing home brew on and off for several years.
I am into competions, and have joined this site to see how others brew beer and maybe I might learn something from the experience.

Righty O I'll be seeing you round here I guess.

Peter

Hi Peter, there's a few of use brewers from Brisbane in here - what side are you from?

Thank god you are a mash brewer with that nick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back