Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard Bindi.

Always good to have an extra hand around the joint for when I get stuck with something :D

Hey 'Sluggerdog' I am on the Sunshine Coast not far from you, send me an email when you are up here and we can do a taste test of our brews.

Thanks for the link to the Yeast reviews sluggerdog [I did two reviews] any chance of adding Wyeast 1332 and 3333 to the list?

No Worries Bindi, Sounds good.

I have added 1332 for ya and the 3333 was already in the DB.

Probably the easist way to find the yeasts is to use the search "Search Kits".

Cheers!

G'Day to you all I have been it the back ground for some time now, so it's about time i introduce myself. My name is Craig or (Bat) I am 35 and live in Canberra, I am also a member of the Canberra brew club, I jumped straight into all grain brewing and have been brewing for around 8 months now, and enjoying it a lot. I guess I am lucky, I am a fitter and machinist by trade and can turn my hand to most things machining welding and alike. I started out tasting some all grain home brew and have not looked back.
I decided to make all my own gear, well most still work in progress. My first project was to make my self a grain crusher (well two as I made one for the bloke teaching me) it crushes 8 kg grain in 4-5 minutes. The crusher has 50mm stainless rollers with V knurls and around 150mm long, it powered by a big motor that I picked up. I made it with gears to drive both rollers (hoping to get a better crush) it works a treat I am getting 85% out of the crush. Next was a boiler I rolled my own out off stainless welded up the sides and a copper base in, I rolled a hop strainer and spot welded it all together SWEET. I cut the top off a keg for a mash tun, rolled a 3/4 copper ring then cut slots for my filter; my hot liquor tank is just a coffee urn. I also have made a 3 tiered set up. My latest project was my bar first was a name I went with STAGGER INN but as we found I not so much staggering inn it is staggering out.
I am still very much learning and struggle with recipes and the overall theory of home brew, but must be doing something right as I get a lot more visitors know.

Thats about it if any body is in Canberra drop me a line and come and have a home brew the STAGGER INN is always open.

Craig

Welcome on board Craig! :)

Picking you're going to be popular among your fellow brewers. ;)

Warren -

My name is am,

I started brewing this year just after the Xmas break.

I've got 2 Kit brews down and about to do 1st partial this weekend.
I intend to work up to full mashing.

I also play drums in a local hard rock band.

If there are any other HBer's in the Hills District who would like to meet up and try brew's at some stage i'm always up for it!

And finally i'm loving all the info on this forum!

Cheers! :party: :beer: :chug: :beerbang:

Welcome Bat!

I think I speak for us all when I ask for you to show some pics of your work. It sounds like the ducks guts.

Nick

Hi Bat and am, welcome!

(NRB: that avatar of yours is hypnotic, its hard to look away)

Sam

Whats the name of the band ??

(sorry if that's not yr name. I have no idea how to type that symbol !!)

Hi Plastic man!,

Yeah my name is Sam.

The band I play in is called SELF and we are playing at the Excelsior Hotel in Surry Hills (Foveaux St) on the 12/3/05.

We have a pretty wide range of influences from Tool, A perfect Circle, Deftones to King Crimson, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai.

Our music is progressive hard rock and we launched our EP at The Metro last November.

For any Hills District locals or anyone who would like to venture to Baulkham Hills, we'll be playing @ The Bull 'n' Bush on the 31/3/05 (which is also my farewell show).

I'm leaving to pursue future career.

Cheers,
Sam

Something wrong with your link Bat - & welcome by the way :beer:

View attachment 2023Hi all here are some photos of my Bar THE STAGGER INN and parts of my set up and grain mill which I have made myself. I don't want to sound like a wanker if any of you would like to know more drop me a line and I will get to you.

Cheers and happy brewing

Bat

Picture_118.jpgHi all here are some photos of my Bar THE STAGGER INN and parts of my set up and grain mill which I have made myself. I don't want to sound like a wanker if any of you would like to know more drop me a line and I will get to you.

Cheers and happy brewing

Bat

Attachments

• Picture_129.jpg
    Picture_129.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi all here are some photos of my Bar THE STAGGER INN and parts of my set up and grain mill which I have made myself. I don't want to sound like a wanker if any of you would like to know more my drop me a line and I will get to you.

Cheers and happy brewing

Bat

Picture_119.jpg

Picture_123.jpg

G'Day All.

I am from the Bayside of Brisbane. Took up this Hobby about four months ago and got to put down my first AG last week.

If you are realy intersted, I retired last year, or is it a year before? Not because I wanted to but because I had to. 20 years as an Army Medic and nearly 20 years as an Ambulance Transport Officer took its tall on my back. I can still lift a 23L fermenter so not all is lost. As far as beer styles go, I tried them all and I believe there are no bad beers just some are better than others. I do favour european style though. But if you twist my arm, I will drink any other style as well, even XXXX if there is no other choice.

If you want to know anything about brewing, I am not the one to ask but I am a willing listener for any advise.

Hopefully as time goes by, I will mature like a good brew and will be able to pass on my good and bad experiances to help other newbies.

Welcome Peter,

I admire the speed you progressed to AG - I've spent over 2 years getting this far, but enjoyed every minute of it...
hopefully we'll catch up for a drink one of these days...

Welcome Bat, am and Peter.

Lots of good advice on here, don't be afraid to ask questions but on the same hand please remember there is a search function on this forum so don't be afraid to use it as you will find a lot of answers to questions you may have.
Good brewing :beer:

C&B
TDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back