Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KoNg, my wife is regretting it already!!!!!!

bear09, thanks for the advice, I will look into wort kits like you suggested but not tell my other half. She would crucify me if she found out I spent $40 on a kit...

domonsura, sign me up! got busted yesterday when the delivery from the HB shop turned up whilst I was at work. First lesson, get everything delivered to work.

Welcome (MSR im only a newcomer to AHB myself).

The other way to get the missus onside is to brew something for her. Im doing an alc lemonade batch after next. After all the blustering of 'why are you doing that, its your hobby, you dont have to etc' it seemed to give me a few brownie points. So im off the the HB shop this weekend :D

Welcome (MSR im only a newcomer to AHB myself).

The other way to get the missus onside is to brew something for her. Im doing an alc lemonade batch after next. After all the blustering of 'why are you doing that, its your hobby, you dont have to etc' it seemed to give me a few brownie points. So im off the the HB shop this weekend :D

She did drop a hint the other day about being partial to a good ginger beer. My fermenter is too busy brewing beer, might have to buy a 2nd. Actually its her birthday coming up, mmm I wonder if she would appreciate getting a fermenter for her birthday? mmm maybe not......

She did drop a hint the other day about being partial to a good ginger beer. My fermenter is too busy brewing beer, might have to buy a 2nd. Actually its her birthday coming up, mmm I wonder if she would appreciate getting a fermenter for her birthday? mmm maybe not......

My old man does that all the time to my mum. He wanted a full on wood fired pizza oven/smoker. so he bought it for 'mum's birthday' last year. He did the same with 'mum's xmas present' the year before by buying her a massive rear projection TV with the works (mum doesnt really watch TV).

Its a great idea. The old homer simpson, bowling ball, wife's birthday trick.

Back on topic...Im either buying a 2nd fermenter or making one. I think Doc made a post on Bulk Priming and how to make a fermentor. I just cant find the thread. Someone has made a post anyway on how to make your own fermentor.

Hi all,

this is a reintroduce post, here's the first intro post
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...post&p=3500

just getting back into brewing after a 3 year break caused by an increasing family, and lack of space.

I've finally moved into the burbs, and now have a double garage/brewery :p

and I've just ordered a keg setup from Ross at CraftBrewer, so I'm finally able to say goodbye and good ridance to bottling
I'm hoping swmbo won't notice the new kegging gear ;)

looking to do my first brew this weekend. :super:

cheers
Moray

My old man does that all the time to my mum. He wanted a full on wood fired pizza oven/smoker. so he bought it for 'mum's birthday' last year. He did the same with 'mum's xmas present' the year before by buying her a massive rear projection TV with the works (mum doesnt really watch TV).

Its a great idea. The old homer simpson, bowling ball, wife's birthday trick.

Back on topic...Im either buying a 2nd fermenter or making one. I think Doc made a post on Bulk Priming and how to make a fermentor. I just cant find the thread. Someone has made a post anyway on how to make your own fermentor.

I had to laugh reading that about your old man, what a classic!

Hi All,

Long time viewer, first time poster on these forums.

I've been plugging together kit beers for the past year and a half and finally managed to gather the majority of the ingredients for an All Grain. My 3 tier stand just got constructed & after i get the last couple of fittings I am ready to go. Hoping to get my first all grain on this weekend, which will either be a Leffe Blonde Clone or a Bohemian Pils.

I know where to come should I have problems!

DSCF0567.jpg

Nice set up SicOfVic - good luck for your first AG, may you have no stuck sparges, overboils, hop addition amnesia, spills or other general stuffups on your first go :beerbang:

Nice pot! Its huge!!!

No turning back once you do your first mash. Good luck mate!

Nice pot! Its huge!!!

No turning back once you do your first mash. Good luck mate!

Well my mates and I are known to enjoy the odd beer or three. Mass producing is the way to go. Now only if i found a way to get the mates of mine to stop bringing a 6 pack of VB over and then proceeding to drink my HB....

Well my mates and I are known to enjoy the odd beer or three. Mass producing is the way to go. Now only if i found a way to get the mates of mine to stop bringing a 6 pack of VB over and then proceeding to drink my HB....

Three words and a common household object.

Hammer + "Blunt Force Trauma".

Hi everyone i'm Jarryd,
Been brewing since november last year. Got the coopers homebrew kit for my 19 birthday and havent looked back. Haven't experimented more than a bit of hops or malt being added to the kit and kilo. Keen to learn everything i can then graduate on to kegging one day.

Hi All,

Been a member here for ages but really only started to get excited about brewing again after I got into BIAB. Have done a hell of allot of reading on this site for quite a while though! :blink:

Hail from the northern suburbs of Sydney, first brewery assistant is due any day now. Beer has been stockpiled in preparation for sleepless nights and zombie like days where I am sure no brewing will take place.
Interested in trying to do every bjcp style, Linky Linky I am determined even if it takes me years!

Thoroughly tired of Pale Ales, so Dark Ales, Belgians and Stouts are on the cards for the next few brews.

Beers
DK

HI all, Im new on the site and think it is a font of knowlege! i wanted to follow spanners example and introduce myself to fellow beer lovers on this site!
ive only been brewing beer for about 6 months,but have made some very good brews and i have also made wine from scratch (was surprisingly good). i grew up in sydeny for 9 years,melb for 5, Milan,Italy for 7, then went to wollongong and did uni.
im a pizza chef(goes hand in hand with a cold beer!!!!!) and now i run a fruit and veg home delivery business!!!!!
im relativley new to brewing so anyone keen for a brew day drop me a line, im also very keen to do a mash, though i have no idea how to do it.

happy brewing ( and drinking!!!)

MIke

aka mike likes beer

G'day Mike,

Welcome to the forum!

I've just finished my second all-grain. Smells lovely. Which Leicchardt are you at? I think there are a few.

Being from Leichardt make you a prime candidate to attend some ISB meets and get to know some fellow local brewers ..

Leichhardt eh, just up the road from me in Stanmore

PM me and i can organise a mash demo for you sometime

Hi Barra,

Thanks for the reply! i joined up to the email list for the ISB meets yesterday so i should be receiving some info soon i guess. none the less if you want to let me know where and when the next meet is that would be great. im sure my experience with brewing is practically nothing compared with some of the brewers on this site, but im a quick learner...and i like beer alot!!! :party:

cheers

Mike

Being from Leichardt make you a prime candidate to attend some ISB meets and get to know some fellow local brewers ..

HI all, Im new on the site and think it is a font of knowlege!

i wanted to follow spanners example and introduce myself to fellow beer lovers on this site!

ive been brewing beer for about 6 months,but have made some very good brews and i have also made wine from scratch (was surprisingly good). i grew up in sydeny for 9 years,melb for 5, Milan,Italy for 7, then went to wollongong and did uni.
im a pizza chef(goes hand in hand with a cold beer!!!!!) and now i run a fruit and veg home delivery business!!!!!

im relativley new to brewing so anyone keen for a brew day drop me a line, im also very keen to do a mash, though i have no idea how to do it.

happy brewing ( and drinking!!!)

MIke

aka mike likes beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back