Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will keep it short and simple I am 25 from newcastle lookin for a homebrew club that holds meetings around the area but seems no 1 knows of any

You have a bunch of great brewers in that region mate, proof shown in the NSW Case Swaps.

Best I could say is get in touch with MHB from here. If you are in his shop one day you may run into some of them.

Cheers.

You have a bunch of great brewers in that region mate, proof shown in the NSW Case Swaps.

Best I could say is get in touch with MHB from here. If you are in his shop one day you may run into some of them.

Cheers.
who is this MHB?

Hey all

I've introduced myself previously but I did my second AG on the weekend and here are some pics

http://hyperfox.info/webalbum02/index.html

They aren't very glamourous - but hey that's life

They aren't as detailed as I would have liked due to time constraints.

The whole process took just under 5 hours including setup, mashing, sparging, boiling and cleaing up and running round like a headless chook.

I made a Foreign Extra Stout - notes are here http://hyperfox.info/allgrain01.htm

Hello all - I'm Justin aka Gullyboy here...

I'm a K&K brewer &, not terribly adventurous, as generally I have neither the time nor the inclination to get fancy with my brews!

I'm usually happy if my beer is at least 3 of the following 4:
Alcoholic, Bubbly, Cold or Drinkable. (hehe, going to put that in my sig!)

Got into brewing in Jan 2003, after getting a kit for Xmas, and have been doing it ever since. I usually stick to the Coopers Lager / Draught and the occasional Canadian Blonde, which is always popular.

The worst feeback I ever had about a brew was that it "tasted like a Carlton Cold", however at the time, the comment was intended as a compliment!! ;)

Hi there

I have been brewing for about 10 years now, (had 2 years off while drinking my way around Europe and U.K.) I started with a can and a bag of sugar - bloody terrible, but I drank the lot!!! Since then have moved on step by step, am now doing partial mash and since discovering this site the other day am keen to finally get into all grain.
Look forward to all the hints and tips!!

Cheers and Beers
BeerStein

can't remember if i've posted in this thread yet. but my name's gus and i'm an alcoholic - err, home brewer ;)

just recently started, have finished (and drunk most of) my first brew and have been brewing more ever since

Hi, I'm Jon from Brisbane. Did my first brew a few years ago and it didnt turn out so good - but now I'v started again, on a bigger scale and am having much success!

Well I am new again to brewing. Started my first foray into K&Ks (Brigalow I think) back in Townsville in the early 70's because I couldn't afford to drink unless I made it myself. Whoa, it tasted like rotten pineapple juice but did it have a kick. Didn't matter, the mates and I drank for effect then anyway. Tried brewing again in the early nineties and it hadn't improved that much so back to commercial beer and wine and anything else I could dream up of the liquid kind. Started again two weeks ago because I have retired from a 33 year military flying career and a friend gave me a home brew that I swear he relabeled and pretended it was his creation, a wheat beer and it was bloody good. Anyway I have come full circle and can no longer afford the extravagant lifestyle and am going back to brewing, which I might add, is much more advanced and just plain fun than the old days.

Two weeks ago I put down a super Coopers Ginger beer with some extra goodies(fresh ginger, 6 lemons and extra KG of raw sugar) and the thing is still bubbling away and tastes fantastic. Also got a cider down for the Minister for War and Finances just so I can finally brew my own beer with a clear conscience.

Enough rambling, I live in Beaumont Hills, Sydney, with mostly grown children, who like anything alcholic (spungers) and I play a bit of golf and brew beverages feverishly in my spare time. Can't wait to do some wet packs and all grain, after I try some simpler K&Ks.

Cheers

G'day

Love beer, love brewing.

Been brewing on and off for about 5 years and have been doing AG for about 6 months. Heaps of great info on the site has helped make my brews taste bloody good. Cheers to all! Problem is, I cant stand paying pub prices for a beer when I know I can make something better. That's a good thing though. I live in Leichhardt in Sydney.

Anyway, its past beer o'clock... :chug:

Cheers
AA

Hey my name is Alex, I'm 23 years old, from Sutherland in Sydney and i like beer and punk rock.

My missus got me a homebrew kit for christmas and I'm pretty keen on it although I'm trying to research as much as possible before i do anymore because I'm screwed up the two I've done.

I look like this:

435705585_l.jpg

Just hanging out, being tough in my giant clogs while i was in coff's harbour.

Hey Guys,

Im from the Barossa Valley, Red Wine capital of Australia.

Definite amature brewer, but after weeks of research on the forum my first brew turned out pretty good.

I am a refrigeration mechanic in a past life, which definately helps when brewing. Ive set up a temp controlled fridge for fermenting, which can sit on a pretty constant temp...at anywhere from 10-25 at the turn of a dial.

Im also happy to assist anyone that has a fridge question, i'll do my best to answer.

Became interested in brewing after getting sick of paying retail prices for beer. Starting on Kits, booster packs and longnecks, have just cultured up a Coopers Pale yeast from a couple longnecks - which ive got line up for my next brew.

Cheers

JT

Hi Guys

Just thought That i'd say hi and this seemed to be the place to do it. I have just started homebrewing my second K&K batch is juts about to be bottled have to say the forum has been great to get info from definatly saved the first batch from tasting shit. Got in to homebrewing because my wife has gone back to Study full time and my beer money is now slowly getting taken over. Very suprised how much I have gotten it to it though i've found a new hobbywith some great end results. Looking to get a Keg setup in the in the shed which all the mate are very keen on as its normally the Venue for our Poker and pool night.

Taken it slow to start but really like the look of trying some All grain brew in the future.

Some of my other hobbys are Rock Climbing, footy and cricket.

looking forward to may brews to come

Cheer

Russell

So I've hit my 20 posts and am now a qualified 'kit master", so I thought I would post a g'day in this thread.

My name is Tim and I'm thoroughly getting into this homebrew thing. Been brewing since November, just doing kits and extras at the moment. I'm getting better - my kit brews now have a bit of body, but I still need to work on my head retention! Imagine I'll be moving to all extract brews and partials fairly shortly (when work and uni quieten down).

I've gotta say I'm amazed at the complete lack of f-wits on these forums. No bad vibes. Everyone's friendly and actually helpful. It's good to see your most hardcore AG'ers are generally more than happy to help out your average K&K nube like myself.

Anyway, enough banter from me. I have an ale to pour!

Hi, my names Jason, I'm 22 and from Perth.

Have only just started brewing, my missus bought be a home brew kit for my birthday recently, and as I type this my first brew, a coopers pale ale kit is bubbling away happily..
Already learned a lot from reading these forums.. and I'll have to see how this first brew goes.

Havent posted anywhere else as yet as I feel I dont really have any knowledge to contribute... but maybe some questions soon.

I love beer, and have been more interested in the home brewing side of things since a mate of mine recently bought a home brewing kit, and brewed up some extremely good beers!

Cheers :beer:

I'll just stick my nose in and say a big hello and welcome to all the new members on behalf of all the guys here at AHB. As you can no doubt tell by the vibe of the place, we are a very amicable bunch of folk that really enjoy our beer, nearly as much as we enjoy each others company. In evidence of this, us Queenslanders had a get together on the Sunshine coast on the weekend that was attended by guys from Mackay (about 1000 or so Ks) and Camden in NSW (1400 or so Ks). Check out the AHB meetings section of the forum to see how social we are. Anyhow, whether you are happy being a kitmaster or hoping one day to be an AG guru, this is the place to be.

cheers

Browndog

Hi There

Been brewing for a few years, k&k and partials. Planned on going AG about five
years ago and was talked out of it by local HBS.

Anyway, since stumbling on this forum I have decided to move to AG.
In the process of getting all the gear together for my AG brewery.

Cheers

Phil

hi all you fellow brewers out there!

my name is dan and i like to brew and play paintball (at different times) :p

started brewing maybe 10yrs ago when i was a young buck,just coz i was a tight arse that left mums nest and still wanted to drink. left the sport for a good few years and now in the last 3 or so months have really got back into the homebrew scene,finding more technical and interesting points than i ever thought possible about the humble amber ale. hope soon to have collected enough parefanalia and knowledge to attempt my first AG :beerbang:

great site,hopefully plenty more good years together :beer:

Cheers,Dan :party:

Howdy.
My name is Jeremy, i'm from Pakenham in Victoria, 45 mins from Melbourne. Been brewing on and off for 2 years. Mainly brewed K&Ks and recently completed my first Fresh Wort Kit. I kno, I know, it isn't really brewing, but I just wanted something that tastes better than the K&Ks.

Been floating around here for a few months, learning the ins and outs of kegging. Its a fantastic site, the people are great. Look forward to meeting some of you over a beer in the not-too-distant future.

I would like to say g'day to everyone on the forum. I am a new member here, who home brewed 10 years ago and stopped. Got the bug again, dusted off the old tub and getting excited. I hope to read and learn from other members, and try some of your ideas.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Cheers, :beer:

BBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back