Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gday punters
I am beeroclock. Short time lerker, i like to do kit beers because they are grouse. My favourite is Bilo Draught but the larger in summer, i usually make themwith some sugar but when i am flush with funds imake a couple of cans together when my penshun comes in they are grouse to

gday punters
I am beeroclock. Short time lerker, i like to do kit beers because they are grouse. My favourite is Bilo Draught but the larger in summer, i usually make themwith some sugar but when i am flush with funds imake a couple of cans together when my penshun comes in they are grouse to

You mean the Bilo ones are bigger then the ones we normally get :D

Welcome to AHB :beer:

Not so much to introduce myself but to thank everyone on AHB for their friendly and informative responses. I have only been makin the suds for the last few months and have learnt a lot from the folk on here. My kit was a xmas present to the old man probably 8-10 years back and, like a lot of the gifts we bought, got stored away and never used. He passed away just on two years ago and I took the kit out of his storage and moved it into my storage. Not so long ago a mate gave me a tallboy of his finest (also a noob K&Ker) and it was good enough to make me blow the dust off my kit and get abrewin.
Since then it has consumed most of my spare time - which is scarce due to work and havin a youngen.
Again, thanks for all the help and patience esp. when hearing the same old questions from greens like me. Without this site I may well have put the kit back in it's box and might even have used my work time for.... well, work.
Cheers

gday punters

Welcome beeroclock,

you are a pensioner and you use the word "grouse"

This has to be a wind up!

haha thats what i thought. post of the year.. :beer:

Welcome beeroclock,

you are a pensioner and you use the word "grouse"

This has to be a wind up!

supporting parnt, missus pissed off and left me with 3 kids who pinch my beer too much, might hav to teache them too make there own
thankyou

Not so much to introduce myself but to thank everyone on AHB for their friendly and informative responses. I have only been makin the suds for the last few months and have learnt a lot from the folk on here. My kit was a xmas present to the old man probably 8-10 years back and, like a lot of the gifts we bought, got stored away and never used. He passed away just on two years ago and I took the kit out of his storage and moved it into my storage. Not so long ago a mate gave me a tallboy of his finest (also a noob K&Ker) and it was good enough to make me blow the dust off my kit and get abrewin.
Since then it has consumed most of my spare time - which is scarce due to work and havin a youngen.
Again, thanks for all the help and patience esp. when hearing the same old questions from greens like me. Without this site I may well have put the kit back in it's box and might even have used my work time for.... well, work.
Cheers

welcome bubbles!

supporting parnt, missus pissed off and left me with 3 kids who pinch my beer too much, might hav to teache them too make there own
thankyou
3 kids? Brilliant. A washer, a bottler, a capper, and no wife to say "no kid of mine will be helping you make your beer"

Hello there,

I'm Fraser and I've been doing the K&K thing for a month now. Just getting ready to bottle my third batch. I'm now setting up a fridge with a fridgemate so I can get my temps right. I too would also like to show appreciation to everyone for their priceless wealth of information. Every brew will hopefully get better as I go.

Thanks again all....

+1 for appreciation of the time and advice people give on this site!

Cocko, I don't know why my parents called me that?? Especially when my middle name is 'The' and last name 'The Clown"

K&K, 5th brew is bubbling. I have always loved beer and now love brewing it.

Howyagoin' AHB forum people! A long-time lurker here, but today I decided to register finally.
I plan on getting back into home-brewing as soon as I get settled in my new house.
Been out of the game for a few years... several really, so I will enjoy getting back into it.
This site has some of the best collections of information on the web!

A bit about myself... name is Rich, and am 50 years old. I've gone by the moniker of 'Snowdog' on the internet since I started registering on websites some 15 years ago. My other moniker is 'Arassuil' which I used on J.R.R. Tolkien 'Lord of the Rings' websites. I think I have a bit of Hobbit in me because I love beer! I've been in Australia since Feb of 2007, formerly from the U.S. Washington state. Used to brew a lot in the 90's, but as the new millenium rolled around things came up that didn't allow the time and space to continue. Now that life has turned, it's settled again into a situation where brewing will again be possible, I'm looking forward to getting into it again!

In hand right now I have a glass of Fuller's ESB I got out of the clearance barrel at 1st Choice.

Pleased to meet you all!
Cheers,
Rich

g'day all,

i'm chris and living down in sunny, warm melb. lol
i've been doing the whole research and gathering of as much info as possible over the past 6 to 9 months (and only in the last two weeks i found out about AHB, there is so much good info here!!!) and it's about time i start brewing.

so the plan is to this weekend buy a starter kit and get it fermenting and after this attempt i plan on brewing as many different styles as i can get my hands on.

I find it facinating that there are so many beers available and reading the recipe pages i have the chance of replicating them and finding out what styles i like and what i dont.

i'm getting excited about my first brew and interested in what the results will be, if its drinkable i'll be more than happy!!!

with the long and thirst quenching journey to become a brewer about to begin, i can only say cheers to all and thanks for the advice and info

cheers

Hi, Michael from Bribie Island. I had been brewing since my 20s in the UK and arrived in Australia about the time they were kicking Gough Whitlam out. Started a Home Brew Shop in Maryborough QLD ("The Brew Place") when the beer strike was on in 1977 - it really kicked home brewing along. Hadn't brewed since about 1995

When the alcopop tax increase was announced, not that I drink alcopops, I thought "bugger, I bet I could brew something just as effective for about 40 cents a litre" - then the brewing bug hit me again and I bought a couple of fermenters, did a batch of lethal 8% ginger beer then (why not) a couple of Coopers Stouts.

Hooked again

Damn :lol:

Hello new ones and welcome

Batz

Hi all,

been lurking for a while now, not a big chatter I guess. been messing with K&B for a while now and am planning on a move to AG when time allows.

Am just back from QLD and picked up some items from Ross while there so need to say hello and thanks for the hospitality - a true gentleman.

Also I want to say G'day to mothballs - looked like you were having a fantastic day when I called in for a look - must thank you for the hospitality as well.

Cheers to all

Mark

Hi all,

been lurking for a while now, not a big chatter I guess. been messing with K&B for a while now and am planning on a move to AG when time allows.

Am just back from QLD and picked up some items from Ross while there so need to say hello and thanks for the hospitality - a true gentleman.

Also I want to say G'day to mothballs - looked like you were having a fantastic day when I called in for a look - must thank you for the hospitality as well.

Cheers to all

Mark

Howdy Mark.

Whats K&B :huh:

Howdy Mark.

Welcome to all the newbies and former lurkers :p

I think K&B is Kits and Bits.... kind of an upgrade from the connotation that K&K is just a kit and a kilo of sugar.

Howdy Mark.

kits and bits - more than just kit and kilo

I normally dry hop but it can mean grain steep etc

I just start with a kit instead of doing an extract boil
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back