Intro from NZ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougy2

Reaction score
Hi – I have been brewing for over 40 years since the days when we had to use sugar derived malt and added sugar. Thanks to pressure from the home brewing community, we now have all the good ingredients.

My fourth generation brewing rig is a HERMS system with an added Grant designed to implement the brewing gospel according to Dave Miller (Brew Like a Pro). I have posted an article under the Equipment thread. The Grant does a great job of filtering all fine protein from the wort and other things as well.

I also use hot wort to sterilize the heat exchanger loop for the cold break. Might post on this later. I have whilrpools in both the HLT (for stirring) and the BK for actual wirlpooling.
The net result is that brewing is now much simpler and (touch wood) I haven't had a bad brew since.

Looking forward to much discussion.

Cheers

Just returned from another couple of weeks on the south island.
The rose coloured holiday glasses notwithstanding, why so many Kiwis want to emigrate to Australia I do not understand.

Tuatara and I became fast friends. Never had a dud.
That said, one can step into a Four Square and peruse a wall of crafties whilst shopping for the more mundane non-beer items.
Definitely the sign of a more culturally advanced society.

Latest posts

Back