Intelligent people drink more alcohol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
De gustibus non est disputandum, latin for "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" once of my fav quotes from Les Mis

churchil.jpg

Lady Astor "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea".

Winston Churchill "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't let the bastards wear you down

Who would have thought 4 years of Latin would come in use!!

Cheers
Chris

Latin is the retarded ******* version of ancient Greek and conceals the truth of being by delimiting each formerly pictoral (yes, that may appear as a spelling mistake) form of representation and (af)fixing it with a meaning that contains only one metaphysical possibility thus signalling the demise of thinking and the ascension of limited Western metaphsyics. Woe is us and the false cogito.

Lecterfan said:
Latin is the retarded ******* version of ancient Greek and conceals the truth of being by delimiting each formerly pictoral (yes, that may appear as a spelling mistake) form of representation and (af)fixing it with a meaning that contains only one metaphysical possibility thus signalling the demise of thinking and the ascension of limited Western metaphsyics. Woe is us and the false cogito.
Look at the brains on this guy! He must drink even more than Chewy!

Lecterfan said:

adepto futui

Yarp...it's a habit I've noticed with you.

I love when I catch the pre-edit posts...a tingle of excitement...something closer to alethia than verum...

They fucked up then. Everyone knows that the swear words are what you need to learn first in any language.

Lecterfan said:
I love when I catch the pre-edit posts...a tingle of excitement...something closer to alethia than verum...
voyeur!!
I had to look up the spelling tooo.

...equally with other words for those with digestive problems.

I currently face the task of adequately articulating "I can't ******* eat garlic and/or onion" in Mandarin, Cantonese, and Tasmanian. They understand me in the latter but just don't believe me...

edit: 'Like' frenzy - feel the love...

Lecterfan said:
"I can't ******* eat garlic and/or onion" in Mandarin, Cantonese
Good luck with that.

Can I direct you to the nearest McDonalds?

Also, that must suck REALLY hard.

Lecterfan said:
...equally with other words for those with digestive problems.

I currently face the task of adequately articulating "I can't ******* eat garlic and/or onion" in Mandarin, Cantonese, and Tasmanian. They understand me in the latter but just don't believe me...

edit: 'Like' frenzy - feel the love...
Perhaps you could put it on a menu

The Rich, small tits, fat thighs, can't eat garlic and onion, and has a red box"

that way it will get way more publicity than it deserves

Back