Inner Sydney Brewers Club Next Meet - Black Olive, Earlwood.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Just posting for anyone who might be interested in joining us for a nice meal and to sample so fellow brewers beers, or even just turn up and talk brew.

It will be on the 12Aug06 Saturday at 5pm til when we finish.

I am off work for the rest of the week as ill so if you post here there are a dozen other forumers who are already members of the club so lets so if we can keep that up.....

Sorry if this sounds confusing at all but can barely see straight and unfortunately the grog isnt to blame for once!

Cheers all.

I am off work for the rest of the week as ill so if you post here there are a dozen other forumers who are already members of the club so lets so if we can keep that up.....

Sorry if this sounds confusing at all but can barely see straight and unfortunately the grog isnt to blame for once!

Cheers all.

Sorry to hear you're not well Ben, see you on the 12th.

I'm in
WHat kind of beer is everyone bringing, do you think the Black Olive is Keg freindly?

Should have bottles of stout ready, also got a few swingtop 500ml ESB's and USAIPA's left somewhere in the fridge.

I'm in
WHat kind of beer is everyone bringing, do you think the Black Olive is Keg freindly?

:rolleyes: ... i'm maybe bringing my incredibly overhopped (production problem! going for about 40IBU ended up in the 50-60 range or something) APA might be good for some of you hopheads :ph34r:

The german pilsner i bottled the other day hopefully will be carbed up as well - time will tell.

I can also bring an APA and a Pilsner. :D Maybe a couple of other things too.

Sorry you are ill, Ben. Looking forward to the 12th. :super:

Hi All,

Not sure yet for me. How much beer are you guys bringing?

Have a good recovery Ben.

Laurent

You forgot to mention that The Black Olive is right next to Bardwell park train station(East Hills line), so those a bit further out could catch a train in..!?!

Guys.

Back on deck I dont know if I'll be there fellas, had a pretty shitty weekend as an Uncle I had who's been battling cancer passed away on the weekend, and was actually missing as he died while taking his dog for a walk and it took 4 days to locate him, so obviously beer and stuff has been the last thing on my mind.

If someone wants to take it on themselves to give the black olive a call, I'd appreciate it.

Good chance I'll be there but if I cant it would be better for someone who's there to ring up and get the owners okay.

done ill give them a call later on tonight , anything else need to be done in your absence???

Thanks mate hate to leave a job to be half done but unfortunately lately I've been proving true the old saying "when it rains it pours!"

Just send a mail to the fellas via Bens(DJR) thingy or just a reply to all for finalisation.

Cool Bananas , will let you all know the score after i call the Black Olive later on tonight ...

big apoligies to all , we had a 2 hour power outage in my area and surrounding areas by the sounds of things tonight and i completely forgot about ringing the black olive due to wondering when the power was comin back on etc etc , but dont worry i will call them tomorrow without fail and get back to you all on here tomorrow evening , i dont see that there will be any problem but it always pays to let places know your coming in largish groups , hopefully we can better out inagrual turnout and have a good evening of it ..

has anyone actually been to the black olive to eat , ive had home delivery from there and can say theyre good pizza's but i dont know how big the place is for eat ins ....

once again my apologies for not calling them tonight and reporting back to you

Driven past there a thousand times Barra and have ordered from there but alas have never been in there.
I do live very close but am flat strap this week and won't be able to pop in prior to Sat.
I've got a mates 40th to go to on Sat. night so I can only hang around a couple of hours.
That said, looking forward to bringing a few bevvies along for your learned critique!!!!

my critique isnt that learned either gav but id be happy to sample anything ya have on offer and give you an honest opinion on it as im sure would a few others too...

i think the place will be big enough for a dozen or so people , i might actually drive over there later tonight and have a look and speak to them in person , alway better than dealin over the phone i think, seeing it may become one of our regular haunts if all goes well

Ok heres the update ... well if i had read the menu b4 i left home i would have known they werent open on tuesdays down at the black olive , but it wasnt a wasted trip i did have a peek inside and the place looks big enough to seat a dozen or more people quite nicely, too bad if they get another huge party of people but at 5pm id say we will be pretty right , ill call over there again tomorrow night when they are open and see what they have to say , if its a problem then we have a problem , i guess as an emergency plan we say meet at the st george tavern same time as last time 2pm , but lets not give up hope just yet on the black olive i personally dont see that there will be a problem but i have been known to be wrong in the past ... will report back tomorrow once again ...

also could those planning on attending please email me and just let me know your comin so when i get there on saturday i can give them a rough figure of how many to expect rather than say 10 and have 15 turn up or say 15 and have 10 etc etc , i figure if we play our cards right with them it could be a good spot for a home base , being right next to a train station makes it ideal to our needs...

email address can be found by clicking on the card icon on the lower left of this panel....

Cheers for doing the work on this one. :super:

I'll be there. Email sent.

Ive been there with a group of 12.....SNUG...with the blow-ins. Mid-week too..

hehehe....'BOBs' Black Olive Brewers

Back