Melbourne Brewers Club Meeting - James Squires Head Brewer - Tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.taylor.98

Reaction score
Hi all,

Tonights meeting is going to be a big one:

Roy Lever, The James Squire Ambassador and Dave Edney the head brewer coming along. Dave will give a talk on pH and how it relates to beer making. They also bring with them tasty samples of beer and stories from the brewhouse.

Dave is also keen to try some of our homebrew.

Also we have a hop bulk buy going on at the moment, with still some hops available (250gm lots for around $15), and a discussion on our up and coming TempMate Temperature Controller bulk buy.

The next Melbourne Brewers Club Meeting & Venue is:

Wednesday, July 29th at 7:30pm
Pete's Warehouse, Factory 11,
12 Edina Road,
Ferntree Gully 3156(Mel K1)

New brewers and members welcome.

It is also a membership renewal time, so if you have considered joining now is great time to do so.

The membership fee ($45) includes a subscription to BYO magazine, which is less then what you would normally pay to for the magazine not even considering all the other members benefits.

Here is a list of the activities that we undertook for the previous calendar year.

Outings

AHNC club night
Jamieson’s Brewery
Beerfest Weekend at Grand Ridge
Steibnbrew weekend with Bayside Brewers
Beerfest launch at Transport
Club Christmas Party
Australia Day BBQ

Technical Presentations

Beer Judging
Mead Brewing
Yeast Propagation
Bintarni Malt and Hops
Spiced Ale
Stir Plate Construction
IPA Recipe discussion

Club Days

ANHC Brewday
Annual Dinner Brewday
HLT Keg Build day
Welding Day

Competitions

Beerfest
British Ale Comp at Oscar’s

Bulk Buys

Stir bars & stir plate components
Flasks for yeast propogation
Heating Elements
50 ltr kegs
Honey
20ltr containers
Hop Cuttings

Club Brews

IPA
ESB
Oatmeal Stout

For info on the Club see www.melbournebrewers.org

Hi Chris,

Sounds like a good night.

I'm bringing my doppelbock and my Aussie lager along for Dave to try.

See you all tonight.

PoMo Edit: no need to quote the whole post above yours.

I'm there with whopping bells on Chris.

Should be a good one. Taking LRB and The German out to Ferntree Gully in the Glen Iris Chariot.

Will bring some stout that I didn't brew in time for the Westgate Comp. Will start entering something eventually.

Looking forward to it.

Hopper.

Have a leave pass for tonights meeting, so should see you all there.

Ask him when they are getting the new james squire brew pub up and running in Perth??

A good night out, shame the JS samples don't arrive until today, but that is life sometimes.

Good to see so many local brewers in one place and put some more faces to names from AHB!

A good night out, shame the JS samples don't arrive until today, but that is life sometimes.

Good to see so many local brewers in one place and put some more faces to names from AHB!

Thanks Leigh,

We are getting quite a few AHB members amongst our ranks now.

Was a bit of a shame that the samples did not materialize on the night, but we have been told they will arrive shortly, and if so will definitely have them on for next meeting.

For the record we don't usually have that many people at one meeting, that would have to have been our largest turn out yet.

Thanks for all those that came along. Here's hoping we can keep you wanting to come back for more.

once i move out to ringwood and things settle down im hoping to grace your ranks also.

Latest posts

Back