Inkbird PID and PT100 problems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n87 said:
What are you trying to achieve by dialing back the element?
Trying to avoid boilovers I'd guess.

Not sure about the inkbird pids but a basic Auber pid has an auto/manual mode. Auto mode will maintain a set temp using pid logic whereas manual mode will allow you to control the output to the element as a percentage allowing you to dial it back.

I want to be able to dial it back so it's not so vigorous all the time. So I could potentially put a pot in between the PID and the element?

If that's all you want, then as camo says, you can put it in manual mode and put it on 40% or the like. Or leave it on auto and it will go full ball until it gets close to temp, then dial back
The pid will turn the element on and off to regulate the temp.

The main reason I was asking is to check that you weren't trying to run a 3600w element on a 10 amp circuit.

Cheers mate. Definitely not attempting to do that. Having some rewiring done and going to sneak in a 15amp circuit. So much documentation on wiring these things up yet so little on how to use them, or I'm looking in the wrong places.

Latest posts

Back