Inaugural Fnq Brewers Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok Brewers of the Far North its our turn....

I prepose that we have a case swap in July.. There are 5 Saturdays in July so lets say the 17th at this stage ...

I have not given this much thought yet but as we have around 5 month to plan and sort out the details I'm sure we can make it happen..

So come out of the wood work , put ya names down and we will work on the details as we go along ..

1) FNQBunyip,,,, Porter or Stout as its winter
2) Kamino ,, Mystery bottle
3) Duff - Oktoberfest

Cheers Ned

Do you have a list of all the DAGs Ned? Add a reply to the DAGs thread!

1) FNQBunyip,,,,.., Porter or Stout as its winter
3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
4) Biergeliebter,,.. Klsch
5) Troublebrewing...CPA Clone . Tentative

Sean, we of the north are intouch ,, this is mainly too see if we can bring a few more out of the woodwork ...

cheers

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
6) Berapnopod - Maybe something Belgian

Not sure what I'll do at this stage, nor about the logistics of it all. But where there's a will, there's a way, right? :)
Berp.

Good Stuff Andrew,, Yes if there is a will , there is always a way .. I'm sure as this gets closer we can work something out ..

Cheers

Niiiice, some quality reviews from Berp :beerbang:

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
7) Chappo - Something Beery

Well I'm not moving up there now <_< so I'll just have to do the next best thing and join in on some FNQ fun. ATM I am a go but circumstances change rapidly in Chappo Land, job wise, so at the barest minimum I'll send a case to you guys regardless via Ned. But should all the stars and moons align is there a chance of scoring a bed off someone and lift from the airport?

Chap Chap

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest

Well I'm not moving up there now <_< so I'll just have to do the next best thing and join in on some FNQ fun. ATM I am a go but circumstances change rapidly in Chappo Land, job wise, so at the barest minimum I'll send a case to you guys regardless via Ned. But should all the stars and moons align is there a chance of scoring a bed off someone and lift from the airport?

Chap Chap

So where do you fly into for this? Works usually in the way at this time but hell, who knows.

Batz

Ok guys befor this turns into a huge event I just want to outline a few things ....

I was not planning an EVENT , just a swap ...between the FNQBrewers,, As a way of getting to know each other , and share beers , knowledge, and feedback ...

I could host a swap here , however its not realy practical , I'm over a 100km from Cairns, Facilities are limited too say the least . And if it was wet camping could be pretty tough, Theres plenty of space but not dry ...

My thoughts sofar as to the actual swapping was probly just an arvo in Cairns ,
Maybe on the Esplanard @ a BBQ shelter (the weather forum had their Meet and greet There , went well)
Or maybe even an arvo with Hayden @ the brewery (However I have not spoken too him about this yet)

Or maybe one of the guys in Cairns will volunteer their place for an arvo of a few drinks and the swapping of bottles. However I don't expect that as I started this idea and thred .. lol

So thats where I'm at ... Sorry its not the great pissup of the north (this time) but its early days on the local brewers network and I'm sure that thing will grow ..

cheers Ned

Ok guys befor this turns into a huge event I just want to outline a few things ....

I was not planning an EVENT , just a swap ...between the FNQBrewers,, As a way of getting to know each other , and share beers , knowledge, and feedback ...

I could host a swap here , however its not realy practical , I'm over a 100km from Cairns, Facilities are limited too say the least . And if it was wet camping could be pretty tough, Theres plenty of space but not dry ...

Maybe on the Esplanard @ a BBQ shelter (the weather forum had their Meet and greet There , went well)
Or maybe even an arvo with Hayden @ the brewery (However I have not spoken too him about this yet)

Or maybe one of the guys in Cairns will volunteer their place for an arvo of a few drinks and the swapping of bottles. However I don't expect that as I started this idea and thred .. lol

So thats where I'm at ... Sorry its not the great pissup of the north (this time) but its early days on the local brewers network and I'm sure that thing will grow ..

cheers Ned

Pffft! Planes booked I can stay at my uncles place at Aeroglen. Easy!

I'm over a 100km from Cairns

100km, pfft thats practically local in FNQ anyway. My mate in Sydney is amazed that I drive 200km to go to work, he doesnt drive that far for a holiday. :lol:

Wolfy

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
8) Chad - An if I can swing a work trip around this time Ale

Work is sending me up Townsville and Cairns way a lot, and with my missus currently living in Cairns I find myself up there more often. I'm very much a tentative at this stage.
If the location is Cairns, then great, otherwise I'll have to work out transportation.

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
9) mattbrewer -- American pale ale

good stuff Chad ,, just move up if your spending so much time up here anyway...

cheers

cheers Ned

BS Ned,

When this swap goes ahead, it will be at the brewhaus of Duff in Port Douglas.

Plenty of space, plenty of room to brew for any interested in bringing their rig. Nice pool to cool off in.

Having hosted a few of these gigs Kel and I have it down pat.

Cheers.

BTW - Jo and Shani are staying this time (with you of course) No need to drive home.

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
10) Cairns Brewer---Cooper Sparkling Ale

Looking good , And looks like it will be in Port Douglas thanks very much Brett ... Plenty of time too sort out details and transport guys ..

Cheers

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
11) Growler ......Aussie Ale
12) Wursty........Maybe stout...

Just adding a couple more ... Looks like a good selection...

Cheers

Well it must be time too give this a bit of a BUMP ,, and see whos still in and whos pulled out ....

Its about 7 weeks togo guys ... is the date still good with 17th ...

Cheers

Sorry guys. I'm definitely now out. I was only a maybe, and wish I could still make it.

3) Duff - .. Oktoberfest
8)
11) Growler ......Aussie Ale
12) Wursty........Maybe stout...