Inaugral Queensland Home Brewing Conference - November 5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tasting was blind, right?
Yes.....I'll put some more details in the Systems Wars thread.......

Meanwhile..this article made the online couriermail.. Didn't get much printed about great beer (I laid it on pretty thick) and the awesome community we are all part of...at least the BABBs club and the conference got a mention :)

Lucky all the beers hide me...

Great conference to BTW.

Congratulations to David Kitchen from Brewers Choice who was determined to host a homebrewing conference in QLD..:beerbang:

PB (Dave Clarke)

Somebody is up early after a big day.
Yeah cheers to David Kitchen and all the staff at Brewers Choice for helping. The speakers were great to listen too and good to hear the Q & A. Thanks to all the sponsors too.
Enjoy myself immensely and looking forward to going next year. Great info on yeast there from John from White Labs.
Cheers
Aussiechucka
PS. Bribie will have to buy some bags back now after that win. Congratulations

Huge kudos to both David's in putting this together..... Superbly done guys :beer:

Cheers Ross

Edit: spelling

Huge cudos to both David's in putting this together..... Superbly done guys :beer:

Cheers Ross

Couldn't agree more Ross. The day had heaps of info for everyone including us new brewers. Beers weren't bad either. Now your mission is to get a few recipes together using Stella and Topaz :)

Huge congratulations to David Kitchen and his Brewers Choice Staff for a fantastic day. A special mention has to go to Dave Clarke and to all the guest speakers who came from interstate and overseas to be part of the conference.

A top day and evening.

Browndog

was a great day and dinner. thanks to everyone who made it happen. Hope to see you all there next year.

cheers,

Ed

edit: does anyone remember the names of the grain samples that were passed around?

was a great day and dinner. thanks to everyone who made it happen. Hope to see you all there next year.

cheers,

Ed

edit: does anyone remember the names of the grain samples that were passed around?

I remember two:

Brisse - Victory
Simpson - Naked oats

Agreed here, had a great day, was some great info from many of the presenters, I brought a non brewing mate & he enjoyed himself too.

Great stuff Dave Kitchen for organising & all his staff. Great to see some local dudes get up & present too, nice work guys.

Also great to have a beer & meet Bribie at lunch.

Thanks again
Mick

What a blast! i woke up this morning with my shoes and the light on :blink:

Thanks to all the organisers and contributors for a fantastic day!

Agreed here, had a great day, was some great info from many of the presenters, I brought a non brewing mate & he enjoyed himself too.

Great stuff Dave Kitchen for organising & all his staff. Great to see some local dudes get up & present too, nice work guys.

Also great to have a beer & meet Bribie at lunch.

Thanks again
Mick

He's pretty hard to miss
View attachment 49863

Couldn't agree more Ross. The day had heaps of info for everyone including us new brewers. Beers weren't bad either. Now your mission is to get a few recipes together using Stella and Topaz :)

Word has it a clone of Endeavour Amber ale using Topaz hops should be up on the Brewers Choice website tomorow!

The third grain passed around was Simpsons Crystal (not sure if it was the Heritage, i dont think so).

Hooray for beer!

Tim lord asked that I pass this on to the people that recieved Topaz and Stella in their packs.

"you might like to keep this handy for anyone who may ask about the appropriate use of Stella or Topaz.

This was an interesting assessment with Topaz in particular being very well regarded.

View attachment Brau2010_TastingResults.pdf

Word has it a clone of Endeavour Amber ale using Topaz hops should be up on the Brewers Choice website tomorow!

The third grain passed around was Simpsons Crystal (not sure if it was the Heritage, i dont think so).

Hooray for beer!

I'm pretty sure that one was a medium crystal.

Had a great time at the conference and the dinner. Met heaps of great people. Thanks to everyone involved as well as the presenters, especially John from Whitelabs (for being a good sport at dinner), Wade from Four Hearts, the Ipswich lads and Tim from HPA (for the hop production video). Liam's Belgian was nice too.

A dry family wedding or a beer conference... I know which one I should have gone to... :angry:

A dry family wedding or a beer conference... I know which one I should have gone to... :angry:
A dry wedding, how did they get guests turn up for all the boring bits?! :blink: :blink:

Wish I could have been at the QHC but I was moving furniture upstairs instead. At least my day wasn't a dry event, my latest IPA with Stella hops reminds me of the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA and went down too well for a 6% beer. :chug:

A dry wedding, how did they get guests turn up for all the boring bits?! :blink: :blink:
Yeah... Muslims kind of frown on the whole alcohol thing.... but that's okay.... my heaven is way cooler... we have a beer volcano and a stripper factory: The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Wish I could have been at the QHC but I was moving furniture upstairs instead. At least my day wasn't a dry event, my latest IPA with Stella hops reminds me of the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA and went down too well for a 6% beer. :chug:
You lu..cky, lu..cky *******!

Thanks to everyone! Had an awesome night at Archive and the conference & dinner were awesome. It was great to meet so many awesome people! :)

Latest posts

Back