• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Im Selling It All (part 2)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapdrunk

Reaction score
front.jpgrear.jpgrearside.jpgside.jpg :(
Can't believe I'm doing this, I spoke to the minister of finances last night and somehow we decided ABSOLUTLY EVERY is going, "What's the point of having a bar, when you've got noting to pour from it." were the word used.

So here it is:...... *sigh*

The last thing is a portable bar, it was custom built by myself and a builder, we had the idea we were going to build them commercially, but just as we started both our businesses took off and we've no to do anything but stand at a bar.

WHAT IT IS:
Pictures tell a thousand words so I'll add some at the bottom.

But It's a 1280mm Long, 680mm Deep, 1160mm Height, portable bar. It's built out of structural treated H2 treated pine, insulated all round to about an R12 standard, the inside cavity is completly waterproof. It comes complete with twin fountains and a stainless steel drip tray. It weight is in the 60 to 80kg mark, rolls on heavy duty castors rated for 120kg each, and comfortably holds 9kegs and a gas bottle.

It's insulated enough to keep a full stock of chilled kegs cold for up to 10 hours with either a block of dry ice sitting on the top of one of the kegs, or a couple of 3.5kg bags of ice on top. I've also used an plastic box and filled ice half way up the keg.

This has kept the kegs Icy even in a full day of direct sunlight.

The unit has been used on two occasions only, so can be seen as a "demonstrator model" and all components were purchased brand new in March of this year (build date Early march 2006).

As I said this unit was built by professional tradesmen using top quality gear. Cost's include: Castors $75, Fountain $240, Drip Tray $100, Insulation $100, timber $200, Open sign $150, Water Proofing $60, Deco Panels $120, Stainless steel $100 coming to about $1000 all up.

As Isaid though we ran out of time so there are a few extras to do on the unit and it would suit a Handyman. All very easy work and would take about 4 hours. That is: Place deco panels on doors, trim with stainless steel, hang doors. THAT'S IT!! all material including doors will be supplied.

I'm looking for offers aroung the $1000 mark. Like I said it's a quality unit, with plenty of space, a handyman could easily put a fridge unit in this in about a day.

Email or phone me for any further details.
Cheers
Cameron

[email protected]

How about putting the piccy's on top of each other.
Bloody hard to read your post

I'm looking for offers aroung the $1000 mark. Like I said it's a quality unit, with plenty of space, a handyman could easily put a fridge unit in this in about a day.

Don't take this as a comment on the quality of your work, but I seriously doubt if you will get any takers at that price on this site. $1000 for a 2 tap non-refrigerated bar, without any gas equipment is simply over-priced.

As a commercial example, have a look at the beer fridge from Beertech. Stainless steel finish, holds 3 kegs, includes a dual gauge regulator and digital temp control. Price is only $999.

Then you have your home-made versions, for at least half the price.

I made the pictured 5 tap beer fridge with dual gauge regulator to 2 secondary regulators, with seperate manifolds for each secondary reg. With all the fittings and a brand new 6.8kg CO2 bottle ($300) the whole project came in just under $800.

I understand that you used quality parts etc, but you have just over-capitalised on what is effectively a big esky.

Cheers
MAH

fridge.jpg

Jesus you're right,

Was not trying to rip anyone off, probably should have shopped around for some of the components when building, but I wan'ted the best I could get.

Calling it a big esky is a big of an insult however, but I get your point, to a degree the commercial one is a med sized bar fridge with a tap on it! Only holds 3 kegs and has one spout.

To convert my bar into a fridge, as it was meant to be eventually would take an afternoon, 200 and about 10 schooners! The you've got a big fridge, on wheels, holding 6 odd kegs, gas bottle and refridgeration unit.

I'll take $400 off it to make it $600 and see if anyone's interested.

Love the 5 tap fridge though!!

Cameron this is a sad post you have some great gear , are you sure you are making the right decision do you need couselling from an appropriate 'Brewru'

Pumpy :(

do you need couselling from an appropriate 'Brewru'

I think you need shock treatment.or a new minister of finances :blink:

Honey it's the kegs or me.....cya!

Batz

heh heh nah the minister of finances is great, it makes sence tho' I've now got rid of all the kegs, the gas tank and 2 fermenters, what good is a bar if ya' got nothin to pour out of it and impress people.

Cameron this is a sad post you have some great gear , are you sure you are making the right decision do you need couselling from an appropriate 'Brewru'

True very sad, but i wasn't fantasic at it straight aay...... so I gave up!!!!! :D

I'm a much better drinker than I am a brewer anyway, just gotta find a legal loophole that lets homebrewers sell their beers to people like me rather than swap with each other, and I'll be in like flynn....

hmmm there's an idea :)

Latest posts

Back