If You Have A Suggestion, Put It Forward!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk75

Reaction score
After much discussion here about all the larger brewing corps. and the new Carlton Dry Fussion(and the less than average response from many here on the product) I decided I would send a 'suggestion' to Foster's(Well I am a shareholder now :eek: )...here it is -

(Me)Dear Foster's,

Firstly I am interested to know whom decides on what new products are to be made and released to the consumer and where as such the information is gathered on who would be drinking these products? I noticed that there is a new product - Carlton Dry Fussion - yet I fail to see whom this product is aimed at. I truly believe that if your looking to enter new markets or release new products, you would be better to steer clear of releasing more 'megaswill' and concentrating on more 'craft' products. I must emphasise I am not a real fan of the term 'craft beer' as to make a good decent beer is a craft in itself. In my opinion you should be looking at products to compete with such brands from Malt Shovel, products of which contain all natural ingredients.
I thankyou for taking the time to read my suggestion and I hope that I have given some 'food for thought'. I would be more than happy to discuss my suggestion further if you should find my opinon valid.
Cheers!

Regards,

Troy Egan.

Response:(Foster's) Hi Troy

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Foster's. We appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion.

We can not discuss with you in detail how our marketing research and business decisions are made, however we can provide you with a brief overlay of introducing new products.

With any product release Fosters conducts market research from our consumers (sometimes targeted consumers) before any decisions and adjustments are made.

The research may include taste preferences, preferred look of the brand etc.

Foster's ensures the information is recorded and also reviewed by our master brewers.

Foster's are aware that many people may react differently to adjustments and new products and all feedback is being constantly forwarded to our brand managers for their perusal and consideration, as we are passing yours onto the correct department.

Once again, thank you for contacting Consumer Relations regarding your query. If you have any further queries or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us on the Foster's Consumer Relations number 1800 007 282, by fax on 03 9633 2232 or via www.fostersgroup.com.

It is always a pleasure to be able to assist our customers with queries.

Kind regards,

xxx

Whether or not anything is actually done, if enough people express their distaste something may eventually be done...so if you have complaints or suggestions about companies and products sometimes it can pay to forward them on.

After much discussion here about all the larger brewing corps. and the new Carlton Dry Fussion(and the less than average response from many here on the product) I decided I would send a 'suggestion' to Foster's(Well I am a shareholder now :eek: )...here it is -

(Me)Dear Foster's,

Firstly I am interested to know whom decides on what new products are to be made and released to the consumer and where as such the information is gathered on who would be drinking these products? I noticed that there is a new product - Carlton Dry Fussion - yet I fail to see whom this product is aimed at. I truly believe that if your looking to enter new markets or release new products, you would be better to steer clear of releasing more 'megaswill' and concentrating on more 'craft' products. I must emphasise I am not a real fan of the term 'craft beer' as to make a good decent beer is a craft in itself. In my opinion you should be looking at products to compete with such brands from Malt Shovel, products of which contain all natural ingredients.
I thankyou for taking the time to read my suggestion and I hope that I have given some 'food for thought'. I would be more than happy to discuss my suggestion further if you should find my opinon valid.
Cheers!

Regards,

Troy Egan.

Response:(Foster's) Hi Troy

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Foster's. We appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion.

We can not discuss with you in detail how our marketing research and business decisions are made, however we can provide you with a brief overlay of introducing new products.

With any product release Fosters conducts market research from our consumers (sometimes targeted consumers) before any decisions and adjustments are made.

The research may include taste preferences, preferred look of the brand etc.

Foster's ensures the information is recorded and also reviewed by our master brewers.

Foster's are aware that many people may react differently to adjustments and new products and all feedback is being constantly forwarded to our brand managers for their perusal and consideration, as we are passing yours onto the correct department.

Once again, thank you for contacting Consumer Relations regarding your query. If you have any further queries or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us on the Foster's Consumer Relations number 1800 007 282, by fax on 03 9633 2232 or via www.fostersgroup.com.

It is always a pleasure to be able to assist our customers with queries.

Kind regards,

xxx

Whether or not anything is actually done, if enough people express their distaste something may eventually be done...so if you have complaints or suggestions about companies and products sometimes it can pay to forward them on.

You can bet them thing hanging between your legs that nothing will happen :D

Rook

That letter would have raised a few giggles, nice reply template letter however. A company that spends millions on market research is not about to sit down at the boardroom table and decide "you know what, what would they know, lets go with this shareholders recommendation, we'll just keep it a secret from the other two million shareholders that we ignored advice we paid a heap of money for" :lol: Boards are responsible for shareholder returns, plus a big fat salary for the board members. Lots of shareholders never buy their companies products, they buy the shares with no emotional tie to the company or product, they are called investors. Maybe you bought the shares for the wrong reason, if you want to get the ear of the board or even some control of the company you might need to buy many tens of million more shares :lol:

Cheers,

Screwy

Again I had to edit a comment I made...politics has no place on a beer forum!
:D

what were you thinking they'd come up with other than the lime fusion?

something stupid like a honey citrus beer or a stout with coffee in it? ;)

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended or otherwise by my previous comment/outburst, however I don't see the need for personal attacks. If you think that any of my brews are stupid, that is your opinion but I ask that you keep these opinions to yourself. My brews are for me and no one else.
:D :icon_cheers:

well tell me how a beer with lime juice in it is any less worthy than your honey citrus blonde in secondary?

Just like the Vic government re: The Desalination Plant, Public Transport, etc.???

:icon_offtopic: those are political driven issues not shareholder/stakeholder issues. yes the govt departments would have had some input into it, but at the end of the day its a political decision. nothing to do with boards.

hang on im not getting caught up with this. your a shareholder so you have the right to send your company a message. then again as I shareholder id be wanting as big a return as I can get. but this is where ethical investing/shareholding etc come sinto it. and it has not place in a beer forum. just like god has no place in public schools :p (if you dont get the last line and your offended.. tuff its called pop culture).

well tell me how a beer with lime juice in it is any less worthy than your honey citrus blonde in secondary?

Sorry, but tangent does have a very valid point here. If it was honey and lime fusion would it be OK? :huh:

Funny that

On the weekend, a friend that enjoys his megaswill handed me an import called Miller 'Chill' Its similar to what you describe, essentially a fizzy drink that tastes less like beer than Corona with lime flavouring and salt in it. If you like vodka cruisers you'll love it. Whatever it was, it wasn't beer :angry:

I also recently went to a focus group/market research thing for another beer brand that I quite respect. Silly me, I went thinking there would be samples!! anyway...

There was a large mirror on one side of the room, I swear I saw heads shaking behind it when I started to talk about how their ad campaign reminded me of how much I hate ads :rolleyes:
Great fun, but they don't seemed to have called me back to do it again...
:huh:

MaltAdiict - reply to their letter with links for this thread and also the dry fusion thread. They may not care or even look seeings as its not aimed at homebrewers but you never know some market research guy could look at threads on here one day.

LOL, I love your use of "megaswill" in your letter!

5.880 -5.62% 5.870 5.900 6.150 6.150 5.870 ;)

OUCH!!! Big share price drop? Sales of "that stuff" maybe down?

In all seriousness the first post was interesting and why not go straight too the source!!.
Unfortunantly you picked a forum, a beer forum :eek: too put your point across about beer, you when then shot down by stockbrokers, market analysts, economic experts whom all thought you maybe "another" easy target.
Stick too your guns Malty, they dont OWN the forum as they would like too think.
The megaswill was great, the crap re. investor and shareholder was just that, the attack on your signature was uncalled for.
Haysie

5.880 -5.62% 5.870 5.900 6.150 6.150 5.870 ;)

OUCH!!! Big share price drop? Sales of "that stuff" maybe down?

In all seriousness the first post was interesting and why not go straight too the source!!.
Unfortunantly you picked a forum, a beer forum :eek: too put your point across about beer, you when then shot down by stockbrokers, market analysts, economic experts whom all thought you maybe "another" easy target.
Stick too your guns Malty, they dont OWN the forum as they would like too think.
The megaswill was great, the crap re. investor and shareholder was just that, the attack on your signature was uncalled for.
Haysie

Cheers Haysie!!! :icon_cheers: and the other supporters. I also see no reason for personal attacks when I simply offer what I can in the way of advice, etc. and help to other fellow forum members. I have never attacked anyone here nor will I ever, everyone is entitled to a difference of opinion but to blatantly attack anyone for simply participating in this forum shows a complete lack of respect, but I'm over it :D
As far as the stock price...just about everything lost today, millions was wiped from the market, however I have confidence in the price coming back up and well too as Foster's has a lot of capital investments in overseas markets, namely Europe and the UK and their wines sector is doing very well in these OS markets.
Again...Cheers to all!

Why don't youse fight about it? ;) Honey Blonde shareholders and blah blah.

Show some respect fellas. We are all entitled to opinions but sometimes they are better kept close to your chest.

Reminds me of a certain Scandinavian character trying to stop the tides.

Good on you for presenting your view to them, but you really have less than the proverbial snowflake's chance with this.

Concentrate your energy on developing your own brews and educate those around you with the help of a good tasting beer.

WJ

Latest posts

Back