Ideas for 1st extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBLIN

Reaction score
Hi all, So far ive done 6 kit and Kilo brews with The kit and malt and some spec. grains and hops. But i want to get into extract brews and need some ideas for a great tasting full flavor beer. I like my darkish ales and amber ales, have brewed Neils Golden ale kit recipe and that's turned out great but i think im after something with a balanced malt and hop profile to start with.
Any suggestions?

A cal common is pretty straight forward if you have some temp control

What sort of boil size can you do on the stovetop?

Might be worth while considering something like an American Amber Ale if looking for colour, flavour and aroma.

Yell out if you want a recipe worked up.

Martin

At the moment only about 4 or 5 litres ......have to buy bigger pot!

i would appreciate a recipe thanks Martin.

Check the recipe section on this website and be sure to read the comments before making your final choice.

Alternately the Brewers Choice website (they're my local Homebrew shop here in Brisbane) has a great range of recipes for people of all brewing levels, I've just started extract brewing myself and used their little cheaper pale ale recipe. It smells great, tasted great from the fermenter when I bottled it a few weeks ago and the instructions are pretty simple. Here's the link;

http://brewerschoice.com.au/beer-recipes/

They are mostly clones so if you see one for a beer you like why not pick up the pieces you want online or at your local home brew shop. I put down the Little cheaper (Little Creatures) pale ale and from what I can tell this early in; it seems pretty spot on.

Extract brewing is great, smelling the hops in the boil with the steeped grains, I love it. Best of luck brew brother.

Coopers recipie of the month this time around is an extract, looks danm good too.

Latest posts

Back