Ibrew Thermostat Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuboy1

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about/use either of these two products sold by ibrew? (http://www.ibrew.com.au/html/equipment/beerequipmentset.html)

One is for controlling the fridge, and then there is also a controller for heat pads.

They're more expensive than the Fridgemate, but look to be a lot easier to use, no messing around with wiring and building boxes and so on (I have practically zero knowledge of electronics).

Any comments or thoughts welcome.

Cheers
Stu

Greetings Stu, welcome to the forum. I've been using three of these for many years on my keg fridge and brew fridge. Plug em in and away you go, never had a problem in ten or so years. :D

One is for controlling the fridge, and then there is also a controller for heat pads.

Cheers
Stu

Stu - these are the same as the Growarm product and I have used both the heating and cooling units with great success since I started brewing.

However - If I was starting fresh I would be by-passing these and going for the unit that Ross at CraftBrewer sells. Even though there may be a a bit a pre-wiring involved you get the benefit of a specific temp reading rather than an approximation on a dial. I have to use both the temp probe and a thermometer probe to ensure correct readings. The CraftBrewer model is also a lot cheaper.

Cheers, Hoges.

The wiring is dead easy, they give you very easy instructions. If you cant im sure you have someone you know that has the know how and will do it for a six pack of your next temp controlled brew :D

Back