I went for a beer at Aether Brewing in Brissie last week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJS2154

Reaction score
Great Pilsner, good balance of Saaz hops. And a nice Saison. The IPA was Ok, but I am not really a hop head.

I was staying just 3 doors up the road, and when the cab poulled up the front I thought........how convenient, hope they have a pilsner on tap. Dropped my bag in to the room and straight back down to get the snout in a schooie.

Worth a try, folkes. Nice people, good clean bar and easy conversation around beer making.

35 Railway Terrace Milton, Brisbane.

See you, Anthony

Good timing, might be heading there tomorrow.

+ 1 for Aether Brewing.

My favourite is their Boos ESB. If you have time you can try our craft beer walk...god knows we keep trying it. Start at The Scratch on Park Rd, then Aether, maybe with a stop off at the Burger Institute as they have some nice craft beers, on to Newstead Brewery opposite Suncorp, then to Caxton St with Brewski, Statdler & Waldorf and Fritzenburger all with their great range of craft beer.

There may have been a few times we haven't got further than Aether....

Had their NEIPA at Brewsvegas, was bloody tasty.

+ 1 for Aether Brewing.

My favourite is their Boos ESB. If you have time you can try our craft beer walk...god knows we keep trying it. Start at The Scratch on Park Rd, then Aether, maybe with a stop off at the Burger Institute as they have some nice craft beers, on to Newstead Brewery opposite Suncorp, then to Caxton St with Brewski, Statdler & Waldorf and Fritzenburger all with their great range of craft beer.

Wow. What a great walk. Sounds like a plan.

Might have to put that into google maps before I get on the ink.....no way I could remember that after a few stops.

Thanks for the tip mate. Anthony

+ 1 for Aether Brewing.

My wife & I recently did this crawl round-trip starting on Caxton St. We were staying at the Gambaro as a 'staycation' away from home while we both had time off from work. Had a primer at Brewski, a follow-up beer with a cheeseburger at Fritzenburger, then took the walk down past the stadium to Newstead, then under the tracks to Aether, then up to The Scratch, then did the return trip. Got a bit stuck in at Aether as the sunny day had turned stormy, and enjoyed the Bone & Marrow Irish Red. It had just the right amount of smoke that kept it in the background, with bold hops and malts. We overstayed, and finally made a break for it between beers and shower-clouds, and hit Newstead before returning to Brewski. It was a bit anti-climatic after Aether though. We were quite trashed and hungry when our dinner reservation at the Blackhide came around.

It was my 1st visit to Aether, and have to say it has to be my fav Brisbane brewery with their bold beers.

As an aside, have to say I love how far Brisbane's beer scene has come since I arrived in 2007. Still pine for a 'Taffinator at the old Albert St Brisbane Brewhouse on occasion. That place fills me with fond memories.

Back