I need 700g of Citra flowers or plugs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeddog

Reaction score
I want 700g of Citra flowers or plugs for this "Zombie Dust Ale" I'm making. I've tried Craftbrewer but they have 1 pack left of plugs. Yeah sure I could use pellet but I'm going to some flowers in my hoprocket for the late additions.

Where can I get such an amount?

jeddog

I got some Citra from Yob.

Has he run out?

That recipes for 5 gallon near 19 lts. I'm doing 60lts near 15 gallon.

Has yob got a flowers?

Where do I go the get them from him?

Still sorta unsure on why you need that much in flowers..........That'll never fit in the hoprocket right?

His website is not showing flowers at the moment. http://www.hopdealzaustralia.com

Maybe PM him here to see if he has anything sneaky not on the site. Can't hurt.

[EDIT: man, so slow!]

Correct me if im wrong here, but isnt Citra grown in the United States? Meaning you dont have a snowballs chance in hell of getting flowers here - Unless of course you have a valid import permit.

Or are they grown in NZ / Aus?

If plugs are available then they can be imported. Plugs are basically compressed flowers but compressed at a pressure that would squish any dangerous insects.

100 odd grams for the Hoprocket the rest for the kettle

Ill give Ross a call he may have more..

I know a brewer who picked up a 1kg of citra at keg king just last week. not sure if they have anymore.

Seriously, citra is one of the harder hops to find.

You could use a little mosaic plus galaxy to make the citra go further. Not the same, but a worthy substitute.

seamad said:
I use pellets in a the hop rocket ( esp citra). Just pack a few SS scrubbies in and tie the pellets up in a voile bag.
Out of interest seamad, What weight of pellets you get into the Hoprocket

It's more complicated than just having an importers licence as well, American flowers need to be disposed of in a'prescribed' manner as well as I understand it... I think, if I have my info correct, one of the big players recently got a fairly large slap on the wrist from customs from importing flowers and on selling them out of regulation… extremely naughty…

I wish I could get old of plugs but sadly cannot

jeddog said:
Out of interest seamad, What weight of pellets you get into the Hoprocket
Last brew i did with the rocket was a bit over 3g/l, about 65g.
Used ss scrubbies then 25g galaxy flowers in , then voile sack with 42g cascade pellets. Could easily fit more pellets in as they don't expand like flowers. I've found adding some flowers though does help filter a bit better than scrubbies alone. I pack the scrubbies @ the cylinder filter so that they are level to the top of it, then a layer of flowers, then the sack.
Could fit a metric shitload of pellets in this way.

Latest posts

Back