I just bought a Keg Master Series 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, Angus I think you've got the really old version of the kegerators. That one with curved door could only do 2 kegs at a time.

One problem I found with a t-bar on top of a freezer was that the weight of the font made the sheet metal buckle a little. You'd have to strengthen it somehow. Otherwise the font always leans one way or the other.

I'd suggest a normal font tower. For the light weight and the fact you can get ones that simply need 4 holes to screw it down + a larger hole in the middle for the lines. Much more stable. I still can't go over my kegerator for ease of use overall. If I built a place if have an underbench and a tower on the bench. Pipe dreams.

I've built 4 keg fridges to date and my preference is - kegerator, fridge with taps out the side, chestie with collar, chestie with tower.

In that order.

Hmm, I guess if I had a small freezer for conditioning, lagering, and glasses then kegerator is a good choice. Nice black sleek outside + stainless tower means it is acceptable inside house or in our patio area. Keezer (or even just freezer) in shed or out of site as storage area.

Just have to make it acceptable to be inside, needs to be a piece of furniture rather than a beer fridge. My mrs is certainly not a push over but her rule was if it is going to be in the house then it needs to look good enough. The bonus of the one bought off the shelf is that it already looks clean and polished.. image.jpg

Not inside just yet but it definitely will be when we move into our next place..

Latest posts

Back