I Jumped The Queue At The Movies. Just Me.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Here in forumland we probably think that we are typical and that the rest of the population also live on the web because of course it's the tweny first century and everybody is net and IT savvy.

Today SWMBO and I went down to the local Greater Union Megaplex to see Ice Age III and, being the school holidays as well as tightarse Tuesday I realised the queues would be long and full of screaming kids, so I bought tickets online last night and took my printout along to 'jump the queue'. When we arrived there would have been two hundred people in the lines, and in the centre, of course, was the 'jump the queue' aisle for internet purchasers like myself. And it was empty. Amazing. So I swanned up to the front and got beckoned to the cash register to get my tickets.

Surprisingly there was muttering, the lighting of pitch torches and the waving of pitchforks from the peasants who had been waiting for ages in the clogged lines. Comments such as "WTF... ridiculous... shyte ..... hey what's going on...."

It just surprises me that whenever you go to the movies there is that ad with the Aspergers guy jumping the queue ... but is the information age not penetrating to the degree that we assume it is? You would assume that anyone over the age of thirteen would have bought tickets online or got their parents to do so, but there they were in their hundreds just queuing like cattle. Hmmmmm.

I'm pretty sure most (big) places also have a little terminal like an ATM where you can buy your tickets and there is never anyone on that either.

You do realise that if you start telling everyone about this lurk it won't exist any more, right?

You're a man after my own heart.

I hate queues, and have been known to walk away from things I wanted to see etc, just because I wouldn't join the queue.

Fortunately, queues are not much of an issue where I now live, but they used to be when we were still living in Sydney.

LOL sinkas......

Everyone loves a good trip :p

Ice Age III is definitely the pick of the series so far, unlike previous efforts such as Planet of the Apes and Shrek which just went downhill after #1. Those who know me will realise that it's very rare for me to come out with a body shaking belly laugh (mild chuckle is about the best I can manage at the best of times) but I was aching by the end of the movie.

Campbell, they charge you a booking fee to get the ticket online so I reckon you should front up to the management and demand free tickets and tell them to get the counter staff trained as well. Was that the AMC at Kippa Ring or a Birch Carroll and Coyle? Slack hey.

Village is better still, choose your seats, print the tickets and turn up at the gate...it's funny when you walk in and get the "early birds" moved because they're in your reserved seats LOL

Village is better still, choose your seats, print the tickets and turn up at the gate...it's funny when you walk in and get the "early birds" moved because they're in your reserved seats LOL

Yup drag them out into the aisle and beat them up. Losers.

Yup drag them out into the aisle and beat them up. Losers.

Then gaffer tape their mouths shut and stamp the life out of their mobile phones. Tossers :ph34r:

That's why I never go to a cinema. :lol:

Or would fly an airline that allows mobile phone use in flight.

Back