I Had Dinner With Chuck Hahn Last Night!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrogster

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be one of twelve winners of a promotion Lion Nathan was running , the prize for which was a beer appreciation dinner, hosted by well-known brewer Chuck Hahn.

The occasion turned out to be very enjoyable: the beers were all familiar brews from the James Squire range, along with a couple of Macs beers from NZ (Macs Black, Macs Copperhop). Chuck gave talks throughout the dinner about the beers as they were served and tasted.

I also got the chance to have a nice chat with Chuck about beer and brewing. He gave me quite a bit of interesting detail about the ingredients in some of the James Squire beers, as well as his opinions about various hops, yeasts and malts. I really wish I'd taken a pen and paper, because after half a dozen beers I can't clearly remember everything he said! :chug:

scrogster said:
<expurgated> I really wish I'd taken a pen and paper, because after half a dozen beers I can't clearly remember everything he said! :chug:
</expurgated>
[post="69762"][/post]​
...just the way he planned it! Can't have people knowing the secrets.

He prob doesn't remember what he said after half a dozen, either... :lol:

Seth

Back