Hydrometer Reading...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan A

Reaction score
Hi,

I put this Brew on Last Sunday about Midday, does not appear to be bubbling much anymore, just took a hydrometer reading, but not sure even how to read it from the instructions.

Is my brew finished?
Does this reading represent a reading of 1.10?
What is the reading of 26 for?

Some pics so you know what I am on about..
100_0885.JPG
100_0886.JPG

Thanks
Dan

Hi,

I put this Brew on Last Sunday about Midday, does not appear to be bubbling much anymore, just took a hydrometer reading, but not sure even how to read it from the instructions.

Is my brew finished?
Does this reading represent a reading of 1.10?
What is the reading of 26 for?

Some pics so you know what I am on about..
View attachment 11148
View attachment 11149

Thanks
Dan

Heya Dan, the reading looks like 1.010 to me!

I'm assuming this is a Kit? how much dextrose did you use?

did you measure the Original Gravity before you started fermentation? if so what was the gravity?

Thnaks Rob.

To get an acurate reading you need to have the hydrometer floating in the liquid. Right now its touching the side and so it is being somewhat supported.

Normaly your beer is done when you have the same reading for 2-3 days. From a guess I would say your gravity at the moment is about 1.008.

Also when you are going to take a reading give the hydometer a small spin to get rid of any bubbles that may settel on it and make it float a small bit. I dont know what the 26 means never looked at that side :blink:

also its very light coloured, is it a ginger beer or something?

Heya Dan, the reading looks like 1.010 to me!

I'm assuming this is a Kit? how much dextrose did you use?

did you measure the Original Gravity before you started fermentation? if so what was the gravity?

Thnaks Rob.

Yeah, it was a kit, used the 1kg bag of white sugar that came with it.

Didnt measure the gravity prior to starting unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back