How would you track someone down

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know someone who works at Vic Roads....

Edak said:
Woah woah woah.... is the electoral role public????
Used it all the time when I worked in real estate. You can buy it for each electorate but probably available at a library.

Florian said:
I have no idea what has been going on and don't want to know either. But I think it is important to realise one thing:

Your grand daughter is first and foremost your son's daughter. He and the mother of the child can decide who sees their daughter and who not. This can be tough on grand parents and others but is the reality and needs to be accepted.
I, and the Family Law act disagree with you.

Technically as grandparents we dont have an "automatic right" but it is actually a childs right to have a meaningful relationship with parents and others, including grandparents and other relatives.

As Grandparents we have "standing" to approach the court to seek some level of contact.

Likewise It is not the parents "right" to decide who a child sees at all - the parents have an obligation to do what is in the best interests of the child.

GrumpyPaul said:
Likewise It is not the parents "right" to decide who a child sees at all - the parents have an obligation to do what is in the best interests of the child.
Fair enough, haven't actually done any legal investigations so maybe my comment was a bit quick.

But let me also say that there are certainly situations where it would not be considered to be in the best interest for a child to see their grand parents. I'm not applying this to your situation as I don't know and don't want to know anything about it, but I still think this needs to be considered in general.

EDIT: Did that sound a bit harsh? Wasn't meant to be, and the 2nd part is probably pretty off topic, but at least gives a different perspective.

I can see this thread turning ugly.

Uglier than Madonna.

Is this to weed out the dodgy forum users. I agree with manticle. Doesn't feel like the place for this discussion. Aside from the obvious that you are documenting intent. On a public forum. Just an opinion.

Edak said:
Woah woah woah.... is the electoral role public????
yes. Its why cops can be excl from the electoral role so scum bags cant find their houses by looking at the role.

Fents said:
If you know someone who works at Vic Roads....
mate. Breaking the info privacy act is not a good idea. Very prosecutable and it happens. And they would be fired if caught.

GrumpyPaul said:
But asking a 'how would you deal a problem' question isnt that distasteful is it?
The issue is that people are advising on how to find out someone's private details. That's the bit I find problematic.

That advice, if it were any good could be used for a number of other reasons by anyone reading the thread.

Apart from a court order there are no real other legal options. Be carefull that you don't get a court order placed on you.

If you have court papers to serve then the best option is to use the sheriff's office to serve them

Folks.

Please refrain from giving advice that you know is illegal or morally wrong.

It has no place on this forum and will see the thread shut down.

Cheers

Morally?

By whose account?

Latest posts

Back