How to pronounce the science of brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australian: eye talian brocco lye in eye rack
English: Italian broccolee in Iraq

Australian: okshun
English: auction

Australian: droring pin,
English: drawing pin

Australian: yoe gurt
English: yoggut

Australian: contro versee
English: con trovusee

Australian: yagarn mite
Tyneside: hoo ye gannin me bonny marra
Clydeside: och whe ye bonnie muckle the noo [unpronounceable phonemes follow]

English: fookin' scouse.
English: bloody northerners!
English: ar, them's wot'll be, arr
English: Comboyne 'arvester!
English: s'at'wot is, innit?
English: Tewwiblee kind of you, of coarse my deah. Sally's up the brinny, eh, what?
English:I dornt reeelah laik 'im actwooleh. Too stewped 'nd naw froont teeth. An 'e livs wi 'is ma. Daft koont.

Welsh: fghhjuyugthghdeejh

English, Beer
Irish, Boeir
German, Bier
Albanian, birrë
Arabic, البيرة
Armenian, գարեջուր
Bosnian, pivo
Bulgarian, бира
Danish, øl
Finnish, olut
French, bière
Etc etc.

I must include Latin here, the scholars language...cervisiam

Hate to see them talk pissed..

I'd have to say, on average 'stralians speak better and more correct english than on average people from England (5 miles from London the gibberish starts).

'specially Adelaide, mispronouciation will get a sharp look and quick correction from most strangers. But have you seen how they queue for buses?

manticle said:
Indian fucked a norwegian and tried to teach a welshman how to speak english with a dutch accent.
@ blind dog - I'm still trying to see the point of the OP.
I will have you know that we Norwegiens are the fuckers not the fuckees.
It's true,I saw on that TV show Vikings, and Dad told me also.:)
Cheers....spog...

I have a very phlegmy cold, so my Welsh is impeccable atm.

Ps. Just dropped and broke my first thermometer in four years of brewing, trying to negotiate this stupid thread. So, **** you all very much !

quote name="manticle" post="1211161" timestamp="1408113328"]English: fookin' scouse.
English: bloody northerners!
English: ar, them's wot'll be, arr
English: Comboyne 'arvester!
English: s'at'wot is, innit?
English: Tewwiblee kind of you, of coarse my deah. Sally's up the brinny, eh, what?
English:I dornt reeelah laik 'im actwooleh. Too stewped 'nd naw froont teeth. An 'e livs wi 'is ma. Daft koont.
Welsh: fghhjuyugthghdeejh[/quote]

Crouch said:
Okay, so the more I've been reading (and thinking about doing some study on the science of brewing) one thing I realised is that I have no idea how to pronounce 'sciency' sounding words ... que, google 'how to pronounce' search
I just enrolled in the free chemistry of beer course that's running again. It starts today (US time, so maybe tomorrow) if you looking for some study on the science of brewing.

Sorry to have dragged this back on topic. I'm done.

Continue...

I can actually pronounce Llanfairpwllgwngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

edit: and I typed it out without having to look it up.

Back