How to piss off Australia Post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Went into town today to pickup a 5kg post bag. The post office didn't have any 5kg or 3kg in stock, and said they are on order. I asked when they should be here and the guy serving said not for a week or two. I said "you must be getting them sent via Australia Post". He didn't look too impressed.

Yob said:
You'd be surprised (or not) how many outlets dont stock them.. It's feckin rediculous..
They normally always have the 3kg, but the 5kg can be a hit and miss. When asked if the GPO in the middle of town had them the guy said no, but had a "I don't know look on his face"; he could have been a bit offside at that stage too. Sure enough they had heaps of them.

I recently pulled Australia post up on their express post guarantee of next day delivery, all within acceptable reason.. They sent me the apology letter which stated blah blah apologies, please find enclosed a replacement satchel… yep… no satchel, gave it a few days but didn't turn up… epic fail…

I had to go to 3 outlets before I found a 5kg one when I was looking for one of those.. They're rare as rocking horse shit

manure.gif

Yob said:
I recently pulled Australia post up on their express post guarantee of next day delivery, all within acceptable reason.. They sent me the apology letter which stated blah blah apologies, please find enclosed a replacement satchel… yep… no satchel, gave it a few days but didn't turn up… epic fail…

I had to go to 3 outlets before I found a 5kg one when I was looking for one of those.. They're rare as rocking horse shit
Not really O/T. The order I placed with you a couple of weeks ago, you said I would get them in 2 days or so, I thought "yeah sure". But 2 days later they were there, left a lasting impression on me that did. :)

They generally do a pretty fair job and if I was honest.. a damn fine job, the outlets that represent them often let them down,

The battle im having with certain couriers who arent sticking to their agreement... fk, I wish they were half as good and honest.

I assume that means I'm going to be waiting for my parcel Kev?

Coincidentally so are you as L&H still don't have the bits yet.

Truman said:
I assume that means I'm going to be waiting for my parcel Kev?

Coincidentally so are you as L&H still don't have the bits yet.

Got one from the GPO in the middle of town. So hopefully tomorrow I keg/bottle up and the package should be in the box before they empty it.

C'mon L&H.. bastards know I want them.

Yob said:
They generally do a pretty fair job and if I was honest.. a damn fine job, the outlets that represent them often let them down,

The battle im having with certain couriers who arent sticking to their agreement... fk, I wish they were half as good and honest.
So it's happened a few times?
That's a shame to hear yob.

Kev, that read like a joke. Bloody legend.
I reckon the guy who runs my LPO might have seen the humor in it though.

Slightly related - I complained about my (ex) internet service with vodafone a few months back and the rep tried to look up various things to do with my account. When he said he was having trouble I said 'you must be using vodafone internet service'.

He had a sense of humour about it (and I was probably right).

:icon_offtopic:
I must give it to my local postie, he manages to cram a 5kg postbag into my letterbox just so he does not have to get off his bike

I ordered a book from ebay and had to literally tear it out of the box

australia post, ha,i filled in a national police clearance form recently,had a J P witness it and presented it at the post office to have it sent away.i was told they could not lodge it because it did not have a barcode on it.a barcode! but its an offical legal document! sorry sir no barcode no lodgement. unbeleivable the bullshit these days. .cheers..spog...

Reminds me of a call with a telemarketer who was trying to flog some pest control. I asked if it dealt with telemarketers. I actually got a "**** you" and a hang up after that, made me feel kind of bad. I should really be abusing the people who run the telemarketing businesses, not the poor people who have to sit on the other end of the phone.

Does anyone know the home number of the management for any telemarketing companies?

Yob said:

Slow way?
Probably a bit harsh of me as 99% of the time they are cheap and efficient. But twice this week they have given packages some special scenic tour around Perth. Items going over to Sydney got there quicker.

My record with them was Geelong to Brunswick in 7 business days.

Thrice scorned, I'm an idiot...

My local PO is tops. They always have the satchels i use in stock in ten packs and look after me very well. It's a pity they took the large 3kg satchels off though, they were a good deal.

I can't say enough good things about AP, i have only ever had two parcels go astray (one was a rims for a member here this week) and both times they were eventually returned to me because i had written the address down wrongly.

Back