How To Empty Your Keg Real Quick!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Today i got home and thought id get my self a beer, so i went and pulled on my tap handle....nothing came out....So i opend up the fridge and saw that the beer in my lines was froze! I thought" ill leave the door open, turn off the fridge and go water my garden when i get back i might be able to pour my self a beer!?" after watering my plants i came back inside and seen beer all over the Kitchen and dining room floor! I HAD LEFT THE TAP ON!! F#&!*!... Lucky for me the woman was not home!!! :angry:

shit :( feel sorry for you, just blew a keg and the next one is a tippable one from maybe infection? got a brew fermenting but cloudy as and still no reached FG so yeah feel you at least mines not on the floor.

Sorry to hear about the escaped beer. :(

I've done something similar. Went to pour a beer one arvo. Nothing came out and I realised I had turned the gas off, I opened the door up and upped the gas to 90kpa. i had left the tap open. Didn't have a drip plate and beer was sprayed all over the floor and my legs. Not as unfortunate as you though mate.

thehugemanatee.jpg

I know how you feel, when I first started to keg, I force carbed a keg and forgot to lower the pressure before connecting the beer out line. Went off to the shops only to return to a flooded room from the beer forcing its way out past the barb on the disconnect :( Yes, I feel your pain.

HC

Back