How To Clear A Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Barkeep... My beer tastes queer!

drunk-irish-048.gif

Yep no worries.

Thanks Jye

Ive found that some beers with haze problems still clear with gelatine and there is a bit of theory floating around about how it works. Maybe give it a couple more days and see.

Its more than a theory Jye, it did clear up my haze problems. After a week the amber ale is now a clear as the driven snow. I'm not sure it could get much clearer. Gelatine will go in everytime now.

Steve

I still think we need to see a pic... just to be sure it is clear :D :chug:

OK Will take a photo tonight A real close one and maybe if you suck on the screen you could give some tasting notes too :p
That would be nice. Can we put that one to Dane for the next site upgrade.

Steve

At last, Here we go fellas. It is a bit dark to really see how clear the Amber is but compared to how it was prior to the gelatine it was like mud berfore. And I can say for sure that you can taste the yeast, as it tastes heaps diff. now. A lot cleaner and crisper.
Check out the Pils that was in CC at -2 Deg for 6 weeks prior to kegging and the amber ale went to keg 6 days after pitching straight from the primary with Gelatine. Love it.
And thought I would never say this but kegged beer does taste a lot better the bottled stuff. Dont ask why.

Steve

amber1.jpg
amber02.jpg
pils1.jpg

The only thing missing is the bird in the background sunbathing.
Matt

Latest posts

Back