How To Backup Beer Smith?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ged

Reaction score
Hi guys

My PC is in its death throes and I may be converting to Apple.

Any idea how I back up 100s of Beer Smith recipes? I've tried to save them one by one and email them as files but for some reason it didn't work. (My computer is really sick)

Cheers

Ged

Click on "export all" and it will save all the .bsm files in one spot somewhere. I swap between mac and pc...word of warning - make sure you are saving them to a usb that will work on both formats!!! Alternatively, save them to your desktop, burn them to a dvd or something and then you should be right.

I have found Brad really good in regards to beersmith 2 and Macs, he has responded to the main bug I had (on my Macbook - I am currently without a pc at all) and fixed it in the last release (although now I can't drag and drop for some reason).

Cheers.

Just ordered Beer Smith on Monday, looking forward to using it. Thanks Santa!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did an export all and it didn't transfer the 'My Equipment' and I think some other things.

I ended up just copying all the .bsmx files from my PC to my Mac and worked. The program did throw some sort of error to begin with but still worked, then after the latest update the error was gone.

Latest posts

Back