How Much Hops!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ade42

Reaction score
Gday guys,
was at LHBS and was getting some teriffic advice and stocking up on supplies to make a;

Pilsner with Morgans Golden Saaz Pilsner kit, bag of fermentables, w34 yeast and 30g Saaz steepd for 10 mins with Lagar/pils grain,
Now the Cerveza (morgans Chairmans) directions he gave are the same using the other half of the 60g bag of hops steeped with the grain. using S23 yeast.

Both at around 14c

I was running about the shop ogling all the goodies instore and diddnt hear weather he meant to dry hop 30g or steep 30g of it with the grain. And doses 30g seem a lot to steep? or would 30g seem more reasonable for dry hopping, ahahahah Im all confused!

The guy is a top bloke and really knows his stuff and is VERY helpfull (more than most, let me tell ya) So yeah Im the bloody idiot for not hearing his advice.

30g of hops is not too bad but don't put in the steeping grain. Better to add them to the boiling liquor after steeping. Could add 15g at 30mins and 15 at 10mins should hit the mark.

Would you use 30g with the same times for the Cerveza?

Would you use 30g with the same times for the Cerveza?

I would as the Cerveza is not all that bitter or full flavoured to start with.

30mins boil will give a bit of bitterness and plenty flavour 10mins will give flavour and some aroma.

If you are intending to dry hop you need about 1g hops per litre so for a normal 23litre batch you may need to buy another pack of hops.

Thanks Tropical Brews!

Will make em up the same, same hop additions for each of em. will set the temp for 13-14c

Just checked out the yeasts, one of em is outa date, only just! what a pain in the arse. will pitch anyway as im not able to get back to the LHBS for a couple of weeks.

Back