How long should six kegs take to chill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takings weren't great, mainly thanks to my engineer friend's trommel kicking the bucket..

In his mind was it a perfect design, until he had to actually repair it?

I always thought the gold was east of CBR, good thing I'm not a miner.

i sometimes point a pedestal fan at the coils / motor of my ferment fridge when crashing down from 20 to 3. i hate feeling the hot sides of newer fridges in summer ....

makes a massive difference to the cooling ability of the said fridge IMO
I might be my imagination but it lets the fridge motor cycle rather than run run runrunrunrunrunrun for hours before cycling

In his mind was it a perfect design, until he had to actually repair it?
I always thought the gold was east of CBR, good thing I'm not a miner.
In his mind, every one of his designs is perfect, and to his credit they are good at minimum. It's always the execution that introduces a curveball.

i sometimes point a pedestal fan at the coils / motor of my ferment fridge when crashing down from 20 to 3. i hate feeling the hot sides of newer fridges in summer ....

I might be my imagination but it lets the fridge motor cycle rather than run run runrunrunrunrunrun for hours before cycling
I'm going to be attaching a power consumption meter to the keezer anyway, so I'll monitor it over the course of a week, flick on a fan, and check the following week. Any reduction of energy cost will be worthwhile

If your equipment is out doors, you can also use a water mister. They dramatically improve efficiency.

Latest posts

Back