How High-tech Is Your Brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah. didnt think they'd even go up to 95(hence why I posted the info I found on them), we use them with heating water in HVAC, thats 70ish deg.

Okay PP, enlighten me. Totally lost me on that one. :lol:
Although I can tell you that it isn't true. My dad doesn't live in Nowra, and drinks the cheapest light beer he can find. :lol: Or my homebrew when he's up from Victoria. :rolleyes:

LOL Bonj. Poppa Joe is the master of BOAB - brewing on a budget. He would just love your creative brew stand of table, chairs, bricks and tyres. He'd be proud to call you, 'son.'

And Jonathon, Adamt mentioned Sqyres' possibly first post. You better check it out to give you some ideas for surroundings to match your brewery. Have a look here

;)
Pat

:lol: I'll need to take the wheels off the Focus... but then it'll need the bricks under it.

I think it could do without the table and chairs. They look a little too sturdy.

More tyres and bricks, I say!

Hey Wally,
I use resistive type temp sensors..

I would not call my brewery Hi tech, it's a three vessle single tier system with a march pump. However, I am pretty proud of my mash tun. It is S/S with an aluminium inner liner and has a fibreglass/polystyrene float that sits on the mash to keep the heat from leaking into the headspace. There is a hole in the center to allow the temp probe to pass though into the middle of the mash. The lid of the tun is S/S and lined with polystyrene, and this has (wait for it) a carbon fibre liner. Now if anyone else uses carbon fibre in their brewery I want to know about it.

check it out

tun_lid.JPG

cheers

Browndog

Nah thats not high tech at all browndog. Apart from the controlled HLT temp controller i see :ph34r:

Thanks OldBugman, but the problem with most of these types of valves is the small aperture which means you need things like the 50 micron filter. They would only be suitable for the most well behaved and filtered brewing machine. While I've never tried them, I think they are asking for trouble as any small grain husks will either block the valves or block the filters. Those motorised valves act more like normal large aperture ball valves - that's the kind I'm looking for.

Jonathan, I've sent off an email enquiry to Oatley.

cheers, Arnie

So much for the email enquiry. Not happy - pretty half-assed response to the question:

I wrote:

Dear Oatley sales people,

some time ago you sold some motorized Honeywell VC6012 240v valve actuators to a friend. I think they may have been a limited run item, but I was wondering if you had more available or were able to source something similar.

And they answered:

arnie,

probably not, have you checked our website.

So I guess the answer is exactly that - probably not.
:angry:

That's a classic !!! Pat needs to put this in his funniest post thread :lol:

In other words - margins to tight...$3 profit....bugger off hairy legs

Cheers
JSB

In other words - margins to tight...$3 profit....bugger off hairy legs

Cheers
JSB

Yep, I guess it's like a no-frills warehouse. The consumer gets the benefit of cheap items, but there is no support or advice there if you need it.

I've done pretty well out of Oatley for bits and pieces - but they might as well not have bothered replying.

my brewery is $9.99 more hi-tech now i have a control box :p

DSC00433.jpg

there's even some room for a couple of DEI-106's

life is good

Rob.

Why didnt you put the 2 switches in the one face plate mate?

Ahhhhhh it looks more technical with 2 hey :)

Your doomed now........ once you start, you cant stop. In a month you will have radio links to the dedicated computer in the lounge room, PLC's, SCADA, ahhhhhh :)

cheers

Edit...... oh i see. The red hole is a light is it?

Bling Bling :)

You wont catch me putting bling and tech toys on my gear :)

Good to see Rob !!
I love the inginuity on this site, hmmm whats a good solid box I can mount stuff in, looks the part, has a hinged access door for easy future mods? A $250 electrical enclosure ?.....no..... a $10 toolbox ........ priceless :lol: .

Edit: Rob make sure you connect the electrical earth to the flash new case :ph34r: :wub:

Congrats to all the mad scientists on the list. some of the breweries are spectacular.
Some of the stands are truly death defying :)

Mine is gravity feed, Doberman protected and has a march pump.

Steve

brewday.jpg

Congrats to all the mad scientists on the list. some of the breweries are spectacular.
Some of the stands are truly death defying :)

Mine is gravity feed, Doberman protected and has a march pump.

Steve

View attachment 18200
O/T...Love your Doby Chiller..I miss my girl heap..Great setup ! Hope your fridges havent died in Hells Kitchen called Adelaide

Jonathon,

Can I suggest that for you next assignment, if you choose to accept it, you get a couple of robotic arms that are able to select grain, crush the grain, put into the tun, do hop and adjunct additions and most importantly cleanup. And if you are feeling adventurous, make them get you a beer while you sit in your recliner watching the symphony of brewing.

Back